Chapter 35

I took a deep breath and examined the ring in the red box. I miss Sebe so much. My system and body need him so much. But I had to stand by my decision. My life goes on without him. I can do it alone for my child.

I put the ring box back in the drawer. Since I left, I haven't worn it.

Two more months passed and the next month I was going to give birth.

It was hard but I managed.

I didn't bother with the last thing Kylie told me Sebe already knew where I was. Because I don't feel weird at all.

I am complete with the children's belongings. My only plan is that before my due date, I will be there at the hospital to be admitted where the people taking care of me are Doctor Dela Torre and Dr. Mendez.

My cellphone rang with a call.

"Hello, beautiful mommy. It's your checkup day! I am waiting. "Shawn Mendez said on the other line.

I laughed.

"Yeah. Yes. My doctor." I got up immediately and straightened up.

During the past two months of checking up and processing my paperwork before giving birth, Shawn has been my partner.

He's so good to be true.

From my laboratory and ultrasound, he was with me. I don't know but I'm comfortable with him. We've been good friends.

He always brings food and fruit to my unit. He knew where my condominium was because once my stomach hurt and he helped me get home.

After I got dressed, I took a taxi. I held my cell phone and typed a reply to Shawn.

To Shawn: On my way.

I hid it in my bag and didn't even look in the mirror just above the driver's head.

I was nervous because a familiar car was tailing us.

No, that's impossible!

At the entrance of the hospital, I immediately saw Shawn.

He's twenty-three years old. Single, from here in Iloilo. I also learned that their family is influenced here in Iloilo. I chuckled when I hugged him back.

Shawn knows about me. I once told him what happened because he was wondering why I was always alone. And since then, we have become friends.

After my monthly check-up with Dra. Dela Torre and Shawn invited me to lunch.

"Don't you have a patient?" I asked when we were in the parking area of the hospital where his car was.

He shook his head.

"No, I'm off today. I just went because you checked up." He smiled as he opened the door for me. My forehead furrowed at what he said.

He immediately turned around to enter as well. Shawn is a good man.

"So, what's your plan after you gave birth?"

I looked at him.

"Uh ... I'll stay here." I am staying here for good.

"How about your parents?" From time to time, he glances at me to see my reaction.

"They know I'm here, but I said I want to be alone."

I contacted mama 'when Kylie told me that Sebe already knew I was here in Iloilo. My mother cried a lot for me then. I was forced to go home but I didn't want to.