Chapter 10

"Just a friend, Nat?" Kylie's eyebrows rose.

We are here now inside the University. We rested just after we practiced volleyball. In front of us are basketball players from other courses.

"Yes," I answered simply.

"Wasn't there more?"

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. I folded my thigh and covered my legs with the handkerchief I carried.

"We kissed," my heart dropped when I remembered that.

"Just a kiss?" Fuck, what does she want more of there? I looked at her so she could see that I wasn't happy with her question.

"Just kiss," I replied emphatically.

"Okay," She touched her chin as if thinking. "But do you like him?"

In this case, Kylie is really the only one I can trust. We shared secrets and problems. That's what friends are for.

"I love him," I nodded as I said that. I pinched my fingers where I was pouring all my emotions.

Kylie sighed. "Right! But now he's engaged. What will you do?"

We stood up.

"Nothing. I will just let my heart get tired. I will focus my attention on my studies. I will just love my book, "I said, half kidding.

"But, what about Damon?"

Damon? I'm comfortable with him. He's like a boy best friend to me. Even if he is rude to others, he was kind to me.

"We're friends."

She nodded and pursed her lips." You do not like him?"

I shook my head. "No, I like him just a friend," I was sure.

The day ended quickly. I knew Kylie also had a problem, so she went home first.

Kylie is avoiding Clinton.

I was about to go home after putting the books in the locker when it rained so hard outside. I can see the gusts of wind from here.

It was five o'clock in the afternoon; the dark sky only got darker because of the dark clouds. Then it started to rain.

My phone battery is dead.

"How nice," I said, frustrated. I decided to go to the library in the extreme cold and wait for the rain to stop.

I started looking for a book when the lights shut off!

"Fuck that rain."

It was utterly dark, so I decided just to leave the library. The rain is getting heavier. Thunders and flashes of lightning were coming from the sky.

"Nat? Why are you not home yet?" I was shocked!

I hid the irritation with a smile. Somehow, I was thankful that I had someone with me here in the dark hallway.

"Mike! Yes, it's raining suddenly. I have no umbrella and no one to pick me up." I smiled at him.

Mike Esguerra is one of my nerds batchmates. Sometimes we meet at the library because we both love books, sometimes in the quiz bee where we participate. He scratched his neck and blushed.

"Same," he laughed a little shyly, but we continued walking until we reached Sebe's office, which we had to pass.

My chest throbbed immediately.

No, he's not here anymore.

"Ah, I'd like to ask if..." his cheek turned red.

"You ask if?" I mimicked his voice and looked at him hawklike. Come on!