Chapter7

We said goodbye to each other because she was in a hurry. I just noticed that these past few days, Kylie seemed a bit different. There is something about her I couldn't explain. I feel like she's hiding something.

I was in the hallway towards Sebe's office.

Only now that I have found out that Sebe was a student at his fucking own university. He's running this whole thing at the age of twenty-three! I can't seem to find an answer to how and why? Doesn't he have parents or something? Geez, genius stuff.

'So, how am I going to do this?' I uttered to myself because I couldn't think of a proper way to say thank you. Why am I putting too much effort anyway? These past few days, he is always on my mind. I'm always nervous every time I'm at school. And my eyes are always looking for him.

This wasn't me, was it? I've never done these things before.

I'll just give this and leave immediately. I'm just going to thank him, that should be it!

I blew air and went straight to his office. I want to back out. I could hardly breathe, and I was so nervous! I guess I was just torturing myself. But here it is. I almost jumped when his office door opened, and a woman came out from inside his room.

"Shit!" I gasped! I was stuck in my position.

"Thank you. I'm full," The girl said in a sweet tone.

My heart pounded with pain.

I have nothing else to go through.

It's straightforward.

Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw Sebe come out as well. He's wearing a royal blue t-shirt and pants. He fucking kissed me! And now I saw him with another woman?

Damn Natalia! You're smart! Why are you acting so stupid now? Of course, Sebe is a playboy! What are you expecting?

"Okay," Sebe said softly to the woman. The woman is still wearing office clothes. She looks mature and sophisticated. In comparison, I was just a student.

Sebe prefers a woman like her? And why is it so important to me? I think I have the wrong timing.

I tried to look at them again. I was almost scornful when Sebe looked in my direction. I immediately turned around and walked quickly.

I'm so stupid!

"Fuck!" I collided with a hard chest–again.

"You're not looking your way again," A baritone voice came from who's collided with me. It's Damon. He looked at me without any expression.

"Why are you crying?" I was shocked by what he said. I immediately wiped my cheek.

"Nothing."

He smirked. "You're not good at lying."

How does he know? I distanced myself from him when I felt his hand on my elbow. He looked at what I was carrying.

"Did you eat already?" He suddenly asked. If Sebe has earrings, Damon has a shaved eyebrow on the other hand. His hair was turned mohawk and shaved on its side. It looked more like a bad boy now, add the small earring on his nose and the tribal tattoo on the side of his neck.

"Not yet" I replied.

"Follow me," he said to me.

I was surprised. "Huh? Why?"

"Let's eat," He mocked.

I saw Sebe in his face. Almost identical. It's simply different in style.

"No thanks but-" He cut me off. "I don't bite," He chuckled.

Really? But playboys do bite, right? Kidding. I don't know what got into me, but I agreed with his offer, my hungry stomach.

***

"You don't even have to be-" Damon cut me off immediately.

"Just eat," he pointed to his ordered food at the restaurant. I thought we would just eat inside the school premises, but I was surprised when he prepared his car earlier.

"Okay," I said softly and started to eat.

He drank his water before speaking. "I've seen that you've been out with Sebe often. Is there something –like, between you?" He wasn't looking when he asked me that. His gaze was focused on the food.

I raised my brows because of what he said. "Nothing. Just friends." He nodded and looked at me suspiciously. I really can see Sebe in his face.

"Are you the owner of HMU?" What a lame question, Natalia.

"Sebastian owns it. You do not know?"

"I do. It was simply hard to believe. Why him? How?"

"Dad gave that to Sebe." Damon chuckled. He even cursed and looked at me, smiling. I looked at him. This was the first time that I'd seen him smile. "We're brothers. Half-brothers." He continued. He had no interest in what he said.

After that, Damon took me to South Ville Village. I would admit that he's a good companion, effortless to talk to, and he's always making sense.

"Thanks for the ride," I said as he dropped me off in front of our house. He didn't say a word, his eyes looking straight outside the car.

My forehead furrowed. "Damon?" I call him.

"My damn brother is here," He chuckled a bit. My heart pounded. Fuck!?

I looked at where he was staring and there was a familiar car right in front of our gate. Damon was about to come out of his car, but I stopped him. "Wait!" I said and thanked God he stopped. "Please, don't come down," I continued.

I got off and waited for his car to leave. What is Sebe doing here? I just won't pay attention. I was about to open the gate when I heard the car door slam shut.

Fuck... Did he come out?

I heard footsteps approaching behind me. He really did come out.

"Natalia," he said softly behind me.

The light on the pole on the side of the road was the only light and the silence of the whole village enveloped us. All I could hear was my own heartbeat? I was stuck in my position when he called my name. I sighed and faced him. His dark and mysterious pair of eyes looked at me coldly. I don't know what's on his mind. But I knew he was serious.

"Can we talk?"

I was skeptical. "It's late."

He put his hand in the pocket of his jeans. I look up to him.

"Why are you with Damon?" My forehead furrowed at the kind of question he asked.

"Because we ate earlier-" He cut me off as if he didn't want me to finish. "Right," he mocked as he nodded and licked his lower lip.

"I don't understand you," I said softly and narrowed my eyes. "You-you kissed me and earlier I saw you with a woman. Then now you're here in front of our house asking why I'm with Damon as if you were jealous or something? What-"

"Let's talk somewhere else. Please."