Part 15

Elison held the young man now wailing in misery as he sobbed and cried. Jaspar's swollen face currently buried in the Elison's shoulder. The young man in many ways mourning himself. Mourning the loss of his eyes and also of the future he had planned and hoped for. Even if Calder didn't imprison the people who fell victim to the organ trade until they could be trusted, the loss of his eyes would make any future he had hoped for impossible now.

The broken sound making every instinct in Elison want to hide the man away somewhere and protect him from everything which was causing him pain. Of course, he was one of the causes of Jaspar's pain, which was why he was holding back his instinct to kiss the man on the forehead in a sign of comfort. It was not likely a gesture which Jaspar would find comforting whatsoever. More likely it would have the opposite reaction and scare the poor boy into a panic attack. So far they had been on the edge of at least two attacks and Elison would much rather deal with the boy crying than panicking. He would much rather deal with the boy crying than trying to attack him as well if he was honest.

Eventually, the boy's shoulders slumped and his breathing began to slow down. Elison hummed gently, continuing to rock the man as he slowly picked him up like a toddler, glad the man was shorter than him. Jaspar had been leaning all of his weight onto Elison for support and comfort, making it easier to pick the man up without startling him. Jaspar murmured something but the arms around his neck tightened slightly, his face still hiding against Elison's skin.

Picking Jaspar up all the way up, he carried the boy towards their shared room, thankful the Doctor had left the door open. Inside their room, he put the now almost completely passed out man on the bed. He gently rolled the man out of the robe he had on and hung it back up on a coat hook. Turning back around, he smiled softly at the sight. Jaspar had curled up into a ball on the blankets, clearly flat out.

The young man looked almost peaceful, though the image was ruined slightly by the bruises on the man's face. Elison moved over and gently shifted the man so he was under the blankets, his head on a pillow. Unable to resist, he reached out and moved some of Jaspar's fringe from his eyes, tucking it behind his ear.

"Sleep well Jaspar," Elison murmured while constructing several spells around the man. All for Jaspar's protection and well-being. Assuming he woke up naturally they would fade and he would never know they had been there, but Elison didn't want to leave the man without something around him to protect him in his sleep. Calder would have him skinned alive if he failed to keep the young seer safe now that he had been proven to still be a seer.

Pulling himself away from the sleepy man, Elison left the room, locking the door from the outside. This time activating charms which had already been on the door, slightly concerningly to Elison in a way considering who owned the building but John had mentioned the Rook had not always been a pub. The charm would only let the castor and the owner of the building, aka John, to enter the room. It meant Jaspar was trapped in the room, but it also meant the room was impenetrable. He would be safe until further notice.

Walking downstairs, the room had emptied out slightly so only the evening and night regulars were in. Yoh had packed up and had also gone, no traces of food left in the bar. Leo and Justice had switched places and Leo was now sitting in someone's lap, giggling as they flirted with him. Wriggling his hips occasionally.

Justice looked happy enough behind the bar but a flash of something akin to disgust went through his eyes when he looked at Leo and his behaviour with the man. Elison felt the feeling in the pit of his stomach stir again. Something was going to happen with Justice, he could feel it even without the power of sight. Justice was acting off somehow. The smile he had on his face wasn't meeting his eyes, and not in the broken way that some humans enslaved in the underbelly had.