Part 22

Jaspar woke up boiling hot, encased in strong and sticky arms with a strong and solid heartbeat beating in his ear. Someone's warm breath was ruffling his hair and Jaspar wrinkled his nose at the smell of morning breath but it let him know for certain who he was wrapped up in. His black knight.

He had dim memories of Elison getting in late the night before but he didn't remember snuggling with the man. Jaspar grumbled inwardly but suspected that this was going to happen occasionally. Issues with sharing a bed with someone, sometimes you would end up tangled up in them. Not to mention another issue which was currently pressing against his thigh.

Blushing furiously as he realised just what it was, Jaspar mused the best way to deal with the current situation without Elison pinning him angrily. Just because Jaspar didn't know a lot of customs about dealing with supernaturals, or even really other humans, but he did know that supernatural's human sides were less in control when they first woke up. So waking up a demon painfully was not going to have a good ending to it.

As Jaspar was coming up with a plan, Elison moaned slowly, shifting lightly, his heart beat increasing and his hard-on twitching slightly against Jaspar's thigh. Jaspar's cheeks burned furiously and he was unable to stop a snarl coming from his lips. "How about no?" he grunted angrily, elbowing the man hard in the ribs, no longer caring about waking him up in a more gentle manner. He was not about to put up with being the man's sex toy, as unintentional as the situation currently was.

The action had the intended effect and Elison yelped in pain, apparently waking up and his arms shifting from around Jaspar. Jaspar quickly took the chance to roll away from Elison, almost rolling off the bed in the process but he was grinning in triumph.

"Morning," he greeted in a cheerful voice, unable to keep all of the vindictiveness out of it.

"Morning," Elison grunted, no longer in pain but clearly unhappy about being woken up in such a way. "What happened?" he asked sounding confused in a way that only people who have just woken up suddenly can.

Jaspar shrugged, standing up off the bed to stretch out his limbs. "You were a little too happy with me in your arms," Jaspar commented as he stretched his back. "Snuggling in your sleep I can live with, but not that," he said firmly, making clear lines now. If he was going to have to sleep in the same bed as Elison, he wanted the rules of conduct clear and firm. Elison had made no suggestions he was planning to molest him, or even was a particularly bad guy ignoring his job, so Jaspar doubted he would mind having such things clearly laid out.

Elison made a strange sound but coughed to cover it up. Jaspar frowned looking in the man's direction curiously. "Understood completely. I would request however you find a different way to wake me up," Elison said calmly, but with a hint of something in his voice which he was clearly trying to cover up. "I'm sorry you had to wake up to that."

"It's fine," Jaspar shrugged. "As for waking you up in alternative ways, I'll think about it," he yawned. "I needed to hit you for that stunt yesterday anyway," he noted as he shifted his hips.

"You mentioned last night," Elison grumbled, shifting on the bed. "Not sure why. You know I will have to occasionally leave you on your own. Unlike most hired bodyguards I don't have someone to help me so I'm going to be watching over you 24/7 until Lord Calder finds someone."