Part 48

John was whistling as he walked into the King's Retreat. Feeling refreshed and happy after dancing for the full moon and restoring his powers. He walked into the main office and swept the woman in there off her feet as he twirled, dancing with her. The woman laughed and danced along.

"You're in a good mood Master," she grinned, kissing his cheek as he stopped and let go of her. The woman had long black hair and a dark complexion though she was clearly from South East Asia from her facial bone structure. Where her family was from was unknown as she changed the story every time someone asked her. She was a Denison of the city, one of John's pretty girls or not, and she was not about to be labelled with a stereotype if people thought she was one particular ethnicity.

"That I am, my beauty," John smiled. "Any news from last night Mimi?"

"Not from the retreat. The Rook had a very interesting night. Nadim ended up staying all night, he hasn't come home yet but he's been keeping me updated," Mimi chuckled, sitting on a desk and picking up a notepad where she had been keeping notes. "A very busy night instead," she said softly, a touch more serious.

"Go on?" John frowned, sitting down himself in an expensive leather chair which was there for his pleasure. The Rook having a busy night was slightly unheard of but things had been changing recently with the arrival of a certain seer.

"Well. Some kid called Nathan Walker?" Mimi tilted her head as she skimmed over her notes. "He got kidnapped by Beast tamer Bill. Bill came to the Rook dying in order to tell people. Bill almost bled out on the floor. Jaspar, the seer, he had a panic attack. Elison locked him up in their room. Donny went and got the Doc..."

"Doctor Jones, Mimi," John scolded lightly, not liking it when people ignored names and shortened a person's title to use as a nickname. Doctor Jones was a good man and an excellent Doctor. He did not deserve for people just to call him 'Doc'.

"Yes, Master" Mimi blushed slightly. "Donny let Oct take his car to find Warden Maria who was in the docks. Doctor Jones managed to stabilise Bill but by that time it was too late to take him to a hospital so Bill and the Doctor Jones stayed overnight," Mimi paused. "Nadiam mentioned something about Bill owing you so I asked housekeeping to sort a room for him here just in case," she added.

"Thank you, my dear," John nodded, looking pensive. "Please continue?"

"Some spills and the normal full moon annoyances. Oct almost ran over a child while driving. Warden Tim saved the child and totalled Donny's car. Oct is paying for it because it was a four-year-old foxling he almost killed and the Japanese supernatural community has already threaten to castrate him if he ever does something so stupid again," Mimi said with a slight edge of amusement to her voice at the threat. "Though they did understand the importance once Warden Maria explained the situation."

"Community is everything," John smiled, understanding her amusement. The city was made up of a lot of communities on top of the underbelly. Places like the Rook was where the outcasts mixed together but that didn't exclude them from being affected by the herd.

"That it is," Mimi nodded with a bright smile. "So while Oct and Tim were fighting, they stumbled over one of the old slaughterhouses and smelt the furnace was burning. They stopped fighting and almost got themselves killed while trying to save Nathan. Luckily for them, Jaspar saw this as his third eye was wide open and summoned Maria to go help them. Maria saved the three of them and took them back to the Rook where she promptly made a nest and the lot of them, Leo and Jaspar included, slept the rest of the night in the bar. She used a silencing spell to block the rest of the bar so people still drank as normal. I have had no indication that they have woken up yet."

"What was Maria doing if Oct was looking for her?" John frowned.

"She was guarding Third Street against a monster Jaspar had seen in a previous vision?" Mimi said almost hesitantly. "Sadly, despite Alpha Maciek being in the area, the woman died still. Along with two of Maciek's wolves. He's really not happy at the moment according to Leila," Mimi said, wincing. "She said and I quote, please forgive my language here, 'He wants to rip the fucking bollocks of the seer."