Part 29

"Well isn't this a pretty sight?" Someone purred as Elison woke up, his arms aching from having two bodies sleeping on him. Elison blinked sluggishly, looking in the corner of the room where John was sitting on the chair, looking calm as his green eyes drifting over them lazily. "Shame one of them is not yours," John hummed in a slightly unimpressed tone, his fingers tapping against the chairs covering. John was fine with his boys having sex with strangers or even customers, he had bigger issues with them sharing a bed with someone to sleep. There was a bigger chance of conflicting feelings.

"He was upset," Elison justified as he yawned, and shifting so he was sitting up slightly. "Bigger shame that even if he was, neither of them would be up for anything particularly fun together," he chuckled fondly. More than one regular had made less than innocent suggestions about Elison living in the Rook, most of which amount to him using all three weaker bodies when he wanted. Some of the ideas weren't bad but most were obviously the dreamt up fantasies of horny old men who didn't get enough anymore.

Elison winced as Jaspar kicked him and Justice elbowed him for the comment. Both younger men were perfectly aware of what Elison had meant by that comment. John laughed amused at the scene of the demon being physically scolded by two weaker humans.

"Pervert," Justice mumbled unhappily, his deep brown eyes opening slightly. "Good evening Master," he smiled softly at John while sitting up. Elison helped him up and Justice leant against his side, tear stains still tracking down his face and looking considerably vulnerable next to Elison's muscles.

"Evening, Justice," John's eyes softened at the sight of Justice still looking obviously upset and down. The smile on Justice's face, while warm, didn't meet the young man's eyes. "I heard the Warden stopped by this morning and gave you a present," John's voice took a darker tone as he said this words, slightly regretting it as he saw something drain out of Justice's dark eyes. John didn't actually enjoy removing the hope and joy from his boys and girls. He tried to keep it in the little things, but sometimes he had no choice.

Justice nodded, his eyes cautious and slowly emptying of any form of hope. "A photo of my brother and sister from a long time again. Please don't take it away," he asked, his voice clogged up, sounding about to burst into tears again. Elison wrapped an arm around the man's waist in comfort as John just signed tiredly.

"I won't, this time," John promised. "You are a good boy and I think it's been long enough now that the reason I have a rule about no photos of blood family no longer matters. You can keep the photo," John said in a tone which clearly said it was a gift which cost John a lot to give.

Justice shifted, diving towards John, or at least tried too. He seemed to have forgotten his leg wasn't on. John's powers caught him before he could hit the floor and drew Justice towards him. John smiled warmly as Justice wrapped his arms around John's shoulders, thanking him repeatedly in his ear like John had just granted Justice his leg back. John supported him under his arms and pressed against Justice. Elison smiled at the sincere sight. John, in his own very special way, did care about his boys. The rule about family sentiments was more to help his workers adjust to being part of his family now and not part of their old birth one.

Jaspar stirred next to Elison long enough to bury his head under his pillow, making Elison grinned at the silent protest of noise.

"I think we are disturbing Jaspar," John chuckled, not having missed the movement. He carried Justice back over to sit him on the bed, the human looking up at John with painfully grateful eyes. "I need a word with Elison. Justice you stay here and snuggle with Jaspar. We'll get your leg while we're gone," John promised.

Taking the hint, Elison quickly rolled out of bed, brushing a hand over Jaspar's back. Jaspar grumbled and if anything seemed to bury himself further into the covers. Justice grinned and crawled back under to join him, cuddling up against Jaspar. Jaspar grunted but curled back around Justice.