Part 42

The next morning Jaspar woke up shivering, his stomach tight. He curled slightly, Elison groaning as Jaspar moved, curled up next to him. Elison pulled him close as Jaspar was pressed against him, Jaspar's back against Elison's chest and Elison's arms around him warmly.

"Morning Jas," Elison murmured lowly into Jaspar's ear. "Are you okay?" He asked, snuggling Jaspar, feeling his trembling but smelling he wasn't scared.

"Stomach," Jaspar grumbled, shifting slightly but not fighting the hold, finding the feeling of having Elison wrapped around him oddly comforting.

Elison hummed gently, a hand moving under Jaspar's t-shirt to rub at his skin. Jaspar hissed as Elison's cold hand touched his stomach but soon relaxed as the touch warmed and his stomach began to feel a little less tight. "Must be nerves," Elison murmured, his lips brushing against the skin on the back of Jaspar's neck, making him tense for different reasons.

"I'd forgotten," Jaspar whispered, finding Elison's hand and holding it. "Tonight's the night."

"A lot has happened since that vision," Elison reassured. "Maria and the wardens promised to make sure the dock has more patrols tonight. We'll stop it happening. Don't worry," he promised, kissing Jaspar's shoulder tenderly. Jaspar hummed gently, knowing that there was nothing he could do but that didn't stop the nerves in his stomach. Still, Jaspar nuzzled down into Elison and let himself fall back to sleep, safe in Elison's strong arms.

 Still, Jaspar nuzzled down into Elison and let himself fall back to sleep, safe in Elison's strong arms

The day went almost painfully slow for Jaspar. There was still little for him to actually do in the Rook other than sit and occasionally play the piano. Justice was fast asleep in his room from working the night shift and the Rook was busier than normal meaning Leo couldn't stand and talk like he normally did. Which meant ignoring Elison and Donny, no one really spoke to him all day.

Jaspar sat in his comfortable chair by the fireplace for most of the day, surrounded by the sounds of the Rook during a full moon. More than a few regulars reached over to pat or greet him but few had stayed long enough to talk. Elison stayed close by, his knee often brushing against Jaspar's in a friendly reminder he was still with him. Even if Jaspar had things to do though with the painful clenching of his stomach. Jaspar doubted he would have been able to concentrate.

The main gossip in the Rook that day seemed to be able Bill and Nathan. Notably, that Bill had survived Jaspar's vision which meant they could be averted. Some seers saw the absolute truth and it took divine intervention to change the threads. Jaspar was seeing possibilities when he touched someone's skin. The question now, a question Jaspar was also curious about, was if the visions he saw with no trigger were also fluid or if they were more solid. Nathan had been about to get beaten up when Jaspar saw him but that was a possibly a proximity thing. Jaspar's powers were growing in ways which were unheard of.

"I'll have to talk to my grandfather after the moon," Elison commented, his hand on Jaspar's knee, his thumb rubbing in circles comfortingly, not unaware of the fact they were talking over the boy about his powers. "He hinted he might have some clues as to what a true seers powers are capable off," he said warmly.