Part 53

The entire building shook and there was a loud thundering bang. Leo flinched and ran to the door. He practically ran into the wall by the stairs before scrambling down the as fast as he could. Almost tripping over and landing head first at the bottom. Forcing the door open he gasped at what he saw.

The front wall of the Rook was destroyed. A construction vehicle with a concrete ball swinging from it outside and piles of broken bricks from where the wall had once been were tumbling into the bar. Elison was on the floor, a purple magic mist around him and Justice was leading a Jasper over to the hole in the wall.

"What is happening?" Leo's voice entered the fray. "The hell?" he sounded shocked and like he didn't believe what he was seeing.

"I'm making a break for it, Leo. Do you want to come?" Justice asked seriously, letting go of Jaspar and basically pushing the blind man into the stranger. Justice stumbled over the broken bricks and offer his hand to Leo.

"I can't, Justice. You can't. Master will kill you for this," Leo yelled shock running though his system. "You know what he does to people who he likes who try to escape!"

"I have to Leo. I can't back down now," Justice smiled sadly. "I won't do this anymore. I won't be a slave to a madman."

"Justice," Leo whispered, reaching forward to take his hand. Justice looked at him strangely before closing the gap between them and kissing Leo on the lips. It was only a moment but it send sparks down Leo's spine. Justice didn't say anything else, he just pressed their foreheads together and ran off.

Leo heard a car drive away at some speed and fell to his knees, tears rolling from his eyes. That was goodbye, he knew it. One way or another that was the last time he would see Justice. The tears suddenly turned to sobs and Leo quickly found himself bawling his eyes out, unable to stop the wretched sounds coming from him.

Leo had no idea how long he was like that for. Then a blanket was wrapped around him and someone hushed him. Leo curling into them not really caring who they were at that moment, his body shaking from on his crying.

He picked up and magic passed through him as he was taken somewhere through the door portal. On the other side was warm and he was placed on something soft.

"Leon," a voice hushed, someone uncurling him and making him look up. "What happened?" The man asked gently. It was one of the bouncers from the King's Retreat but Leo couldn't remember his name at that moment. Hiccuping and he tried to calm down but failing.

"I don't know what to do," Leo whispered lost. "Master will kill him,"

"Who will Master kill Leo? Justice? Was he behind what happened at the Rook?" The bouncer asked seriously, holding Leo's knees.

Leo panted, blinking a few times. The world slowly speeding down so he could focus again. "I don't know," he admitted, looking the man in the eyes. "I don't know if it was planned or if he knew it was going to happen. Just that he ran. Master will kill him for that alone."

"Master might," the bouncer nodded grimly. "Leo, I need you to tell me the truth. Do you know what happened to Jasper?"

"Justice took him with them," Leo whispered, suddenly feeling hate towards the blind seer. He was valuable. Justice was not. Justice would definitely be killed for this offense but Jasper? He wouldn't be.

That wasn't fair.

"Where is Master?" Leo asked, wiping his face with the back of his hand.

"Other side of the city, dealing with a situation. We are trying to contact him now," Mimi commented, the woman walking into the room holding a mug which was steaming. "Here," she murmured, passing him the mug.