Part 17

Jaspar woke up slowly, feeling slightly confused, his body feeling very heavy. Reaching out blindly, he sat up slowly, feeling around with the soft mattress. He could smell Elison faint scent on the sheets but the man was not there. He was on his own and back in the bed that it seemed they were now sharing. Breathing slowly, Jaspar hugged his knees to his chest and groaned loudly in embarrassment as the last few moments before he had fallen to sleep came back.

So much for being brave and strong. He had ended up breaking down into the arms of the arm who was the cause of his blindness. It was wasn't hard to be fair. Elison was big, strong and warm. He also was strangely kind and gentle with Jaspar, ignoring the incident in the bathroom. Once the overwhelming cringing embarrassment faded, Jaspar forced himself up and slipped out of the bed.

He took a deep breath and slowly but bravely moved towards, reaching out unseeingly, searching for anything to hold until finally, his fingers found a wardrobe. Gripping the wooden door, Jaspar slowly moved along the wall, careful to avoid any obstacles which were in his way. Hands scrambling, he made his way around the room before finding the door to the room.

It was wooden and had a metal door handle. His hands traced over the patterns for a moment before gripping it and slowly trying to open it. The door juddered but refused to open as the lock stopped the door from shifting. Jaspar growled, banging his forehead against the door in frustration. He was on his own and had no way out. Breathing calmly, he took a step to the side and made a circuit around the room, searching for another door but ignoring the wardrobe, there were gone.

Jaspar rested his head on the door, mentally cursing Elison furiously as his familiar sensation in his lower muscles made him shift uncomfortably. He needed the toilet, rather badly.

"I am going to make you suffer for this, Elison," Jaspar promised the empty air.

He understood why Elison had locked him in the room of course. If the demon needed to go do something, it was the easiest way to make sure he stayed in one place. Being blind, Jaspar could get himself into some real trouble being unable to see any obstacles. That didn't make Jaspar any happier, though.

Straightening himself up, Jaspar decided on his next course of action. He knocked on the three solid times before waiting for any kind of signs of acknowledgement. He was a captive in the pub but not a prisoner. Nothing Elison or Justice had said suggested they were going to keep him trapped in the room when he was awake without cautions.

"I'd take two step back if I were you pretty one," an unfamiliar voice commented. The voice was refined and cultured, with a friendly edge to it. The speaker was male, Jaspar could tell that much.

Jaspar flinched at the sound of the voice, which seemed to come from everywhere at once, but willingly took two steps backwards. He also wrinkled his nose at being called 'pretty one'. It was not much better than 'cute', possibly worse in some ways. He knew he had been a good looker beforehand but his face was currently bruised and swollen, he doubted he looked attractive at all.

There was a harsh sound of metal grinding against metal as the lock was released and the door swung open softly. "You are a very pretty thing," the voice commented approvingly, soft hands handing on his face to cup it gently. Jaspar shifted uncomfortably but didn't move as the stranger no doubt inspected his face. "Such a shame about the eyes," the voice murmured mournfully. "Only place you would be of use to me would be somewhere you are not suited to go."

Jaspar felt realisation wash over him at those words. This must be the infamous John, he mused. The man who felt it fine to enslave people and who owned the pub they were staying in. "And where would that be?" Jaspar asked in a kind of morbid curiosity despite having a feeling he knew where it would be. This man was clearly viewing him as a thing and not as a person.