Part 46

Tim dived on top of the car which had almost run over the foxling. He gripped on time, his wings furled to try to stop the force of the wind pulling him off. He could smell the driver wasn't human. He grinned. He could do this the way he wanted too then. Snarling as he dug his talons into the metal roof and ripped it open, glaring down darkly at the driver. "Pull over," he ordered, eyes glowing red.

"Warden! I don't have time for this," Oct yelled back as he continued to drive fast, turning to try to knock Tim of the car.

"You almost killed a child. You. Will. Stop!" Tim roared, before opening his wings and dragging the car to a stop. Picking the back wheels of the car up and practically slamming it into the concrete ground, making the road crack from the force. The metal crunching up and the engine smoking dangerously. Oct fell out of the car and snarled angrily as he looked at the damage the Warden had just done to Donny's car.

"Not my car you bastard!" Oct yelled as he dived at Tim, attacking the Warden furiously. "I don't have time for this! I need to find Maria!" he cried angrily as they grappled and fought, Tim trying to pin the demon down but Oct was nothing but an excellent fighter.

"Why would a demon spawn be so desperate to connect Maria?" Tim asked seriously as they faced off each other, circling slowly while the car smoked in the background. Not trusting the man at all. Just because Maria consorted with the underbelly with ease didn't mean Tim was ready to get to know more people than he needed to know.

"She update you on Nathan Walker?" Oct snapped. "Seventeen years old. Fate to be burned to death. He got kidnapped tonight and we don't know where he's going to die. We need to save him."

"Why would you want to save a human boy?" Tim said blinking surprised at this information. He didn't doubt it was true, there were far easier lies to tell and Maria had managed something about trying to save someone from their fate that night.

"Do I need a reason?" Oct roared before pouncing on Tim. The two fought hard, talons and claws drawn and scratching through clothes, favourite jackets and all. Blood dripping off both their knuckles when the wind changed direction.

"Hush, can you smell that?" Tim asked, pinning Oct to the floor as he snarling angrily.

"Warden... Yes, I can," Oct said surprised as he smelt what had made the dragon shifter pause in his fight. "Fuel burning..." The stink was undeniable. "Do you think?" he said with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"At this time of night, it can only be," Tim murmured, getting off Oct and looking at the building from where the smell was coming from. It was an old building, not one they would have thought to check for a furnace big enough to burn a human alive in. The two looked at each other before rushing in as quietly and as quickly as possible.

The building was dark as the Oct and Tim crept through it. Smelling of mould and the gods knew what else. They were careful not to trip up over each other. Not about to start working together so easily but not about to ruin Nathan's chances of surviving if he was here. The two men silent as he hunted down their prey.

It was not hard to find them.

The men laughed as Nathan cried. Taunting him with his future. The furnace behind them burning hot and another man was adding yet more fuel to the flames.

"Please, don't do this," Nathan begged, cheeks damp with tears.

One of the men cooed and ruffled his hair before slapping his face and spitting on him. "All you need do to stop this is tell us where that brother of yours in hiding. You are of no concern," he snarled, his eye swirling with dark energy.

"I don't know," Nathan yelled desperately. "Don't you think if I knew I would tell you?"

Another man mimicked his words before howling with laughter at Nathan's pleads. The sound echoing cruelly of the walls of the building. Oct growled lowly, Tim tightening his grip on his weapon on his side. Nathan was thrown to the ground and the man who had mimicked him steps on his head, gritting his face into the dirty floor.