Chapter 4 -- 8 Days, 1 Song

Styles saved me

Chapter 4

Louis POV  

I walked down the same hallway that I had walked all week. Alyssa has been unconscious for 8 days now and we don't know when she will wake up. Right now I was bringing Harry food because he refused to leave. Alyssa's friend Kim comes in everyday after school. When I walked in I found Harry sitting in one of the chairs next to her bed holding her hand, the boys and I talked last night and we all think that we should find some way to get him back to the hotel so he can sleep but now that I'm here I think that will be to hard to do. "Harry I brought you lunch" I said when he looked at me his eyes were bloodshot and puffy "thanks" he mumbled "harry... me and the boys talked and we think you should come home. You look miserable and you need some rest." I said "no I can't leave her I have to be here when she walks up to protect her." he wasn't going to leave and no amount of begging could change that. My phone buzzed it was niall  

Niall: on my way up. How's Harry?  

Me: he's not going to leave. I'll meet you at the elevator

"harry I'm going to meet Niall at the elevator I'll be back soon" I said. I walked out and down the hall to the elevator.

Niall's POV

As I got to the elevator i noticed Kim walk in. "hey Kim" I said "oh hi Niall" she replied. I could see that she was hurting inside. when Alyssa first arrived at the hospital I overheard her in the bathroom connected to Alyssa's hospital room she was saying to herself "it's all my fault. I should have stayed with her. It's all my fault."  

We went in the elevator together. At the top there was louis "hey Louis any news about how much longer?" I asked "no" he replied. We were walking back when we heard the loudspeaker say "doctor Robertson to room 273. Doctor Robertson to room 273." that was Alyssa's room. We all looked at each other and ran down the hall.

Harrys POV

"shot me out of the sky 

You're my Kryptonite  

You keep making me weak 

Yeah, frozen and can't breath

Some things gotta get loud  

Cause I'm dying just to make you see  

That I need you here with me now 

Cause you've got that one thing"

I whispered our song One Thing to Alyssa. I looked up at her hopping that she would wake up. Then it happened her eyes fluttered and I rubbed my eyes thinking I was imagining it from the lack of sleep but then I heard her voice "Harry?" she said. " I'm here Alyssa" I said while holding her hand with one hand and calling the nurse with the other. When the nurse came in I said " she's awake" she walked out and then a few seconds later I heard "doctor Robertson to room 273. Doctor Robertson to room 273." the doctor came in along with Niall, Louis and Kim.

Alyssa's POV  

"Cause I'm dying just to make you see  

That I need you here with me now 

Cause you've got that one thing"  

I heard Harrys voice and I blinked my eyes a few times only to see a blur "Harry?" I said he grabbed my hand and said "I'm here Alyssa"

Kim's POV

My eyes by now were red and puffy, from tears and also a lack of sleep. She could be gone before I knew it. I had little hope that she would survive. I know I shouldn’t think like that but, she has been unconscious for 8 days and it seems that she isn’t getting better. Once out of the elevator we heard an announcement echo through the hallway.

“Dr. Robertson to room 273, Dr Robertson to room 273.” The loud speaker announced. My face went pale, ‘THAT’S ALYSSA’S ROOM!’ my mind screamed at me. Now there was little hope now that she would survive, and that announcement proved every little detail. I looked at Naill and Louis. They seemed worried too. I took off towards room 273, Louis and Naill following close behind.

I kept running down the hall, dodging all the nurses and doctors that passed. They seemed all like blurs as I sped past them. How long away is a freaking hospital room?!

This can’t be happening, not now. I can’t let my friend leave me like this. I am not ready. What would I do without her? No more jokes, no more hanging out after school, no more singing along to the radio while doing homework, no more anything. While running down the hall, I stumbled a bit from not concentrating, but I became stable again.

After what seemed like an eternity, and thousands of corners, we arrived at the room. The doctor caught up with us and pushed past us to open up the door. It creaked a bit before revealing what would change my life forever.