Chapter 23 -- Last Kiss

Chapter 23

Alyssa's POV

I felt a tear escape and slide down my already wet cheek. Its raining outside while I hug Kim goodbye. I was released from the hospital and my parents still refused to let me go on tour, Harry and I haven't talked since our fight but I have stayed in contact with the rest of the boys.

"I'm going to miss you so much! I wish you were coming!" Kim  told me.

She was about to get on the bus when she turned to me and whispered in my ear "he still loves you"

I felt my heart skip a beat, even if Harry wouldn't talk to me I still was unconditionally in love with him. I just nodded as she entered the car and it pulled away.

I stood in the rain and watched the bus move down the road and disappear in the distance. I began my walk back to my house while the rain picked up sending cold wet gusts of wind at me. Ithaca has very odd weather so it was no surprise that only seconds could change our sunny day into a storm.

When I finally reached my house I continued walking and crossed over the railroad tracks to a trail. I followed it to the inlet, I hadn't come down here in years, when I was a child I came down here all the time in summer we would swim all day and relax, down here you could forget about the world and just be free.

I walked across the rocks that lead to the sandy beach, the water level wasn't high yet so I took of my flip flops and crossed over to the other side, as a kid I found a spot where you could walk across and only get wet from your knees down.

When I got to the other side I sat in the moist clay, I didn't think about my brand new jeans getting wet and covered in clay, I didn't think about the freezing rain and wind, I thought about Harry. I thought about how much he changed my life, I thought about how he saved me, and how I still loved him.

I took a chunk of clay and threw it at the sand on the other side, it hit the ground with a thud. I thew another piece and another until I was screaming. "I love you! I love you!" I yelled "I still love you" I whispered, the clay fell out of my hand and I slipped into the icy cold water.

The sound of the rain disappeared and all the noise and stress seemed to have vanished, it was just me and the water, when I stood back up it all returned and I began to shiver. Boom! A loud clap of thundered erupted, and lighting struck. The rain was now a full on down pour, I was so distracted I hadn't noticed how bad the storm had become.

I moved out of the water and grabbed my flip flops without even bothering to put them on I ran into the forest. Twigs snapped under my feet and thorns stuck into my heels but I didn't care, I kept running. A huge gust of wind hit me and I had to stop because it almost knocked me off balance. I heard the loud crack of a tree breaking somewhere in the distance. Shit! This is not good! A tree could come down on me any second now and to make things worse I'm in the middle of the woods.

My phone began buzzing like crazy but I didn't have time to pick it up I had to get back home. When I finally reached the tracks I could see the tree had come down right next to my house, almost hitting the living room. I ran inside the house, out of breath.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" my mom screamed at me. Oh god I was in for it. I could tell she was angry by gleam in her eyes to the way her mouth curved downwards. And also lastly the most obvious, the tone in her voice.

"Just...a walk." I answered. I walked up to my room while my mom went on about how worried she was. I tried everything in my might to not think about Harry, which is basically impossible since my walls were covered in photos of him. I grabbed a trash bag from down stairs and began tearing all my posters off the wall.