six

With his mother suddenly coming back, Damian was reeling back to reality, when he realized he was thinking back about the way she had treated him, how she looked down at him with sneer and content. Trying to shape him into a perfect doll for her use. He bared his teeth at his mother, similar to a ravage dog, glaring at an enemy. The smile slightly trembled and her face-hardened. "Never, will I go with you, mother." He spat, "I am staying with Bruce and that is that." Tension rose in the room as the two glared at each other.

How his father found attraction in this women was beyond Damian, he was perhaps intoxicated at the time. "Alright, that is enough you two. I have a meeting to attend to now. So I'll escort you out, Talia, it was a pleasure seeing you again." Bruce intervened. Damian gave her one last glare before turning his head and huffing to his room. It had seemed the three amigos were out, until he realized that Timothy was sitting behind the staircase obviously hearing everything.

Damian glared but said nothing, heading to his room he was stopped by a calling voice. "Damian, wait." Timothy exclaimed, making the younger boy spin on his heels. "What, Drake?" he spat. A soft expression arose on Timothy's face as he patted the empty spot beside him, "c'mere." Silently debating, his eyes darted to the side of his room to Timothy he was acting rather strangely. In hesitance he sat down beside him, his legs crossed.

"I, I know you and I don't see eye to eye most of the time, actually all the time, but I guess I should let you know, you shouldn't go against your mother all the time, she may be some evil witch, but she should still care about you. A mother may act like a cold and heartless person to cover up her embarrassment of never telling you how much she loves you-" Damian opened his mouth to retort but was stopped when he saw the saddened eyes of Timothy. "You're lucky your mother is still around, whatever she did to you, whatever makes you hate her so much, or why you have such a disgusting smirk attitude, just... talk to her."

Like a fish, Damian gapped his mouth open, but left it shut as he realized what Timothy was saying. His mother was killed and his father was paralyzed, he had become an orphan at the age of thirteen and had never given anyone trouble, his father had adopted him to give him an opportunity in which also helped Bruce feel as a father must for his children before Damian was born. There must've been so many things he had wanted to say, things he wished he could take back, things he wished he could do again, but never could. Dick was the same; both his parents were killed for standing there ground, and Jason.

Jason had once been betrayed from his father, the details of which was still unknown and perhaps he would never know, but it was clear, when there were times that Jason had a look in his eyes where he if they looked closely a wild fire that still seemed to hold a grudge. However for whatever the reason, he felt complacent to still stay with them. Perhaps he was right, or perhaps he wasn't. But the anger he had felt before had simmered down a little bit. "Alright I will try, but no promises." Damian uttered, rolling his eyes. "And your attitude isn't so great either, dumbass." A chuckle arose from Timothy as he got up and left, leaving Damian there, thinking quietly to him.

It felt like a while before he could, well would move, he sat on the floor thinking for over three hours, until finally he left and slithered back into his room, sighing he closed and locked his door, not wanting to be disturbed. His phone buzzed, which he ignored, until it kept buzzing landing on the floor with a light thud. He tilted his head, seeing the name blare on his screen and the familiar cute photo he had taken secretly of his obsession.