eight

School had become something of a nuisance, perhaps it was because it was Wednesday, and that meant he had to wait an excruciating four more days for the reply he wanted from Jonathan. He had stopped ignoring Jonathan and greeted him the moment he saw him. The brunette blushed and stammered out a rather cute reply of good morning. The tension that they had shared, dissipate. Now was the expected reaction from Jon, the consciousness of Damian that had heightened. "Good morning Jon! How did your project go?!" the bouncy boobed girl exclaimed, hugging Jon in such a familiar way Damian tsked loudly, which didn't go unnoticed.

It seemed that initiated chat caused a domino affect as the girls swarmed him with concern and intrigue. Annoyed, Damian left for his class, glancing back at the smiling Jonathan, a hint of red still stained his creamy skin. Six days could go in a flash or when you are expecting something at the end of the week, go painfully and excruciatingly slowly. Jonathan seemed rather frigidity whenever Damian passed by him or sat next to him. For Damian, it was rather cute. He hadn't thought that he would feel at ease just watching the clumsy boy fumble with his things and try to act normal.

Damian tried not to laugh when he looked at Jonathan looking similar to a small animal, perhaps a rabbit. On Friday, Jonathan had asked Damian to stay back for a little bit, it had surely surprised Damian but he had agreed without a second thought. He did expect his answer on Sunday, but didn't say that he couldn't give it to him earlier. Maybe he was going to be confessed to now? His heart thumped eagerly. He waited, arms crossed and wondering where he was. Nearly fifteen minutes had passed by, and Damian had grown weary. Maybe had already left? Sighing, he decided he would go look for him; something must've kept him.

"Jon, Jonathan, I have something to ask you." A girl's voice exclaimed, down the corridor, as cliché as it sounded, Damian had heard when he climbed up the stairs. Ah, here it was, a classic confession before Damian would receive his answer. He didn't have to know who was speaking; it was probably the bouncy boobed girl he hadn't remembered the name of. Maybe he would go with her or deliver the classical line of; 'I have someone I like' It was so cliché it made Damian want to hurl. "I like you, so do you want to go out with me?"

He wanted to intervene but thought it would be best not to, it was Jonathan's choice. The silence was killing him, he wanted to see Jonathan and his expression, but he remained in the shadows, just listening. "Yes," the word Damian had dreaded rang clearly in his ears. What? He actually was going to go out with her? He felt his eyes watered, his body tremble and his expression turn sour. The belief of Jonathan ever liking him and returning his feelings. He felt like a fool.

"Damian?" the clear voice laced with surprise drifted to his ears. He to the side of the bottom of the stairs into the innocent eyes of Jonathan. "What are you doing here?" Damian needed to blink a couple times before realising something wasn't right. "Weren't you just? Wait? What?"He looked at the other side to the standing figures enveloping in their affection. "What?" Confused Jonathan looked to where Damian was looking. "Oh so Aria confessed? That's great." It felt like he missed the punch line of some prank.

His face darkened as Jonathan fretted around him unsure of what had happened. The tears he felt were now gone and he begun laughing uncontrollably. This made Jonathan worry even more. Never had he heard Damian laugh so.... So weirdly. "W-what is it?" he stammered, "did somet-" Lashing out, Damian gripped Jonathan's wrist and kissed him, smashing their lips together trying to stop his heart racing as quickly as it was. When he leaned back, Jonathan's face reflected that of a tomato, he was beet red even to his ears.

"I thought that she was confessing to you, idiot." Damian confessed, "I thought that maybe a girl would probably be better for you." He leaned over onto Jonathan's shoulder and sighed deeply. "Damn, I feel pathetic." Jonathan giggled, surprising Damian. "What?" He hissed, coming off rather defensive. "Nothing, I just... To see the Great Damian Wayne worried, I thought it was really cute." He admitted, looking down at him. "Cheeky brat." Damian murmured.