ten

The fact that the happiness train was overstaying in Damian's domain had kept him rather anxious to what the future may have in for him. There were never repercussions when it comes to happiness and love within the Wayne blood. The betrayal and blindness it brought upon the men to their chosen lovers was apparent. It was obvious to him that people were rather sly, especially in this world.

Alphas, Betas, Omegas. Those labels had been a big part of his upbringing, the training he had to endure, the loveless childhood and constant pressure and education of seeking revenge against the oppressors of his life was strong and still lingered within him. Jonathan Kent. The love he had brought, the light he shone. It had given Damian some bliss and a taste of sweetness he had never knew the world would obtain. It felt like some kind of spell that had kept him wanting more. Or perhaps this was just instinct.

Weeks had passed and the rumours had died down within the school walls. The girls, who had clearly spiked interest within either Jonathan or himself, had heightened and more girls had approached them. It seemed being considered the term; gay had the girls even more wild. They had seemed to be rather cold at the start, seeing as their options had become narrower, with the horny moronic adolescents that were the boys at the school.

It had become much more of a headache then Damian had anticipated, seeing as there was more hurdles to get around then was needed. The boys had strayed away from Damian, but that wasn't any different. However, their attitude with Jonathan had become rather closed off. There were a couple of boys who looked at him with strange looks and other had held prejudice. It was obvious. He was being seen as abnormal. That was how the human mind works; it was considered an abomination to be in a same sex relationship. Especially within the confines of school and the status quo.

Not like any of that mattered. However, the worry of Damian had him constantly wondering how Jonathan felt. He was usually so bubbly, quirky and talkative with the male friends he had made, but the sudden change of attitude seemed to bother him. Dick and Timothy looked at Damian, who sat silently at the dinner table, his posture showing his unusual mood. "Tim, I'm worried about him..." Dick whispered, "he hasn't eaten much lately." Timothy, in response, shrugged. "It's probably just a phase, or he's worried about his precious again."

Bruce and Jason were gone on... official business. Somewhere between Star City and Metropolis, a business proposition or something had gone wrong and they went to deal with the matters officially and unofficially of course. Damian hissed at Timothy and threw his knife in his direction, almost hitting a vital when Timothy shielded it away with his plate. Electricity, struck the two while Dick sighed in the usual response, as his two brothers never seemed to get along.

"You know for someone who should be smart, you're rather dumb, Drake." Scoffed Damian, slamming his fists on the table. This irked Timothy and made him stand, "Learn too take a damn joke, old man! Your wrinkles are showing" the two stared down, fists clenched and ready to fight when Dick intervened and smacked the both of their heads.

"Tsk," Damian hissed.

"Damnit Dick." Whined Timothy, rubbing his head.

"Asshole."