twenty eight

PERHAPS the feeling of wanting someone was a compulsive feeling. Perhaps it happens automatically. Perhaps, everyone had someone else for them. Or perhaps, there was no such thing as love. This was a reoccurring question and debate within Alana's mind. She was at constant war of loving and hating people. She looked at the other disgusting mushy couple in front of her. Damian and Jonathan. They had made amends and the elder didn't want to do anything but pester the latter working.

Putting away the cakes and setting out decorations for the upcoming festival in the neighbourhood she looked at them with an anti-affection look. She stuck her tongue out and her nose twitched. The shop was rather quiet, so maybe Damien's presence wasn't a big deal, but it really set her off her usual good mood. She felt like an outsider with their conversations and their flirty, lovey dovey shit. She loved Jonathan to bits, but his boyfriend not so much.

"Are you all right, little one?" her regular exclaimed, pushing up her chin, with her thin fingers. The older lady was squinting at her with a soft smile. "Yes, I'm fine, why?" she said, looking at her with a rather fake smile. "I just haven't been feeling well is all." The older lady chuckled and pinched her sides, "sleep is important!" she scolded, making Alana smile for real. "By the way I haven't seen that young man for a while? Is he alright?"

That moment, Alana's face dropped and she shrugged quickly dismissing it. "I don't know, I haven't spoken to him, we're not exactly on good terms." She bowed slightly and went back to the kitchen for a moment to take a breather and bring out another set of cakes that were ready and waiting.

Irritated, the young lady looked at them and slammed her serving tray onto the counter, coughing loudly. The two lovey dovey couple, turned to look at her, Jonathan looking like a scared bunny rabbit and Damian glared. "This. Isn't. You. Home. Jon. You're. Working." She said, between breaths. The older quickly apologised and bowed his head, scampering off to go serve the non-existent customers around the store. "Just because you can't get a man, doesn't mean you don't have to ruin my quality time." Damian said, as they both watched Jonathan make work for himself.

"I can get a man, thank you." Alana said, icily.

"The stalker doesn't count." Damian retorted.

"I don't mean him."

"He's the only man that exists in your life."

"Shut up, asshole."

"Okay virgin."

"Conceited Omega ass."

"Obnoxious Alpha wannabe,"

"Why are you talking about yourself?"

The pair bickered until Alana had enough and excused herself, saying she would be on break. "What did you do?" Jonathan scolded, looking at Damian whom was humming softly, sitting on the counter, and stirring his coffee. "Nothing." He replied, looking up at Jonathan with a gummy smile, which he melted at. He couldn't help it, his lover could be adorable at the most unexpected of times. Feeling his heart thump and his lip tremble, he glomped onto him with heart eyes.

Outside, Alana was trying to flick the cigarettes to light. She sighed in frustration as she realised it wasn't working because she was igniting the wrong side. The smoke softly lifted to the sky, touching the clouds from above. She scratched the back of her head as she slumped to the ground, sitting in an undermine way and pulled back her locks from her face. She couldn't help but feel annoyed.