fourteen

Months past, after they're 'Coming Out' and the boys finally accepting them, as well as their first time becoming an official pair. Jonathan, for a week, needed to wear a gauze around his neck, the marks that Damian had made, were deep and fresh. It was proof of Damian's possession and claim upon the Kent boy. As time passed, Christmas came quicker then they had expected, the year was flying past like a flash. Where it would be their first holiday together. After rebutting Bruce, and making it clear that Jonathan was going to be apart of the family, the older man had no choice but to accept his son's impulsive behaviour and choice. Especially since they had already become a pair. Talia, had come over a couple of times, to talk with Damian about how he should be living with her, and his potential of withering talent of leadership would be gone.

Even more stubbornly, Damian refused. In his heart, he swore he would never allow Jonathan to meet his mother, until she had changed her ways. In other words... never. Christmas Eve, Damian had decided to go shopping, the latest game Jonathan had so desperately wanted, however just never had the money to buy it. It seemed almost everywhere, it was sold out, and Gotham would be having the last shipment. The cold wind blew, and Damian's coat ruffled with the wind, leaving a flamboyant gesture. Young girls stared, and pointed at him, and others who either didn't care or were in a hurry rushed past him.

(Little bit of a flashback)

This year would be the first time that the Wayne family would be staying with Gotham. Every year, Bruce usually had planned a going away to somewhere extravagant and sophisticated, not the usual typical normal family visit for Christmas Eve. Instead, Bruce had taken up the offer of staying at the Kent's home for the holiday. Damian had received a call from Jonathan, whom had returned to Metropolis a week in advanced, back into the home where he had grown up, just like his father before him. On the phone, Jonathan had a mixture of happiness, excitement and eagerness. "Dad seems to have gone somewhere for last minute work, I didn't get to see him. Probably last minute work." Sighed Jonathan, into the phone. "But he's gonna be back for dinner... I think?"

(Back to the present yo)

The toy store, was bustling with people whom had last minute Christmas gifts to buy, trying to get the latest things while they were still available. Damian walked in a manner that showed he didn't care, nor had any worries. He made his way to the gaming section of the store, where every console, character cards, information books and so on were held. The shelves, which usually were filled to the brim, with ever so often an empty spot would appear and full prices were considered to be an annoyance, now had half off signs and tattered scraps. The cabinets were empty and the shelves almost the same. In the middle of the back shelf, stood one box, the very last one, almost as if it was waiting for him. He saw that a man was already reaching towards it as well, as quick as a cat, Damian swiped the box with one hand. Shock rattled through the older man, he recognised was Jonathan's father, Clark Kent.

"Faster than a speeding bullet," Damian smirked, "But not faster than Damian Wayne. I've been taught to let nothing get in the way of that which I desire. In other words... You snooze, you lose, Mr. Kent." A sense of superiority filled Damian, as he left an obviously dejected father to wallow in self-pity, for not being able to obtain the one thing his son wanted most. Well, a part from Damian that was.