Friend Or Girlfriend?

Summary: Takes place during Httyd1. After Hiccup catches Astrid from falling, he asks her a question that he asked her when they were kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Pov:

When Hiccup was 10 years old:

Hiccup was the fishbone of  Berk, everybody disrespected him, they never let him go and fight during dragon attacks, they were always mean to him, they always leave him to sit alone while eating in the great hall, and his own father ignored him.

Right now he was in the great hall eating alone again while everyone was talking and having fun with other Vikings. To his left there were the kids that have been rude to him since he was little: they always bullied him, made fun of him, and they never hung out with him as friends so he was not able to even get friends his age, but there was one particular blond-haired girl that never bullied him, never talked to him, and never has shown any kindness towards him. Her name was Astrid 'Fearless' Hofferson.

Hiccup has had a crush on her from the minute he saw her he has seen so many wonderful things in her: She has beauty, she has strength, she has bravery, she has talent, and so on. He loved her for so long, but he never had the courage to tell her how he feels that's why he has decided to send her a piece of paper saying:

Would you like to be Hiccup's?

Friend 

Girlfriend 

He doesn't know what she would choose, but hopefully, she doesn't make fun of him because that would just break his heart into a million pieces. The truth is he is sending this to her while all her friends are there because she is supposed to leave after a few minutes.

Hiccup had the note in his hands, he bent down to the floor still sitting on his chair and threw the piece of paper to Astrid so no one could see it. The paper landed right next to Astrid's right foot hitting it a little. Hiccup sat straight back up quickly and kept an eye on his crush from the corner of his eye. He started getting even more nervous when he saw her look down at the note.

Astrid stared at the note for a few seconds before picking it up. Hiccup's heart was beating so fast he thought it would pop out of his chest. Astrid picked up the note from the ground, examined it then opened it to see what's in it. Astrid had no idea what this is so she was curious: Who sent this to her? Why was it sent to her? If somebody sent it then it should be important.

She opened it and read what was sent to her....after she read Hiccup's name she looked up and saw Hiccup looking at her with a smile, she looked at him with a face telling you that she knows what's going on. She held the note under the table on her lap so no one could see it, but Hiccup thought that she was ignoring the whole thing. He was shocked to find out she was just asking one of her friends for a pencil. Fishlegs- the kid who knew everything about the dragons they fight-gladly gave her his.

She thanked him and kept the note out of distance so her friends don't see it, she knew that if they saw her with it they would start talking about and they will try to see what it which will be really awkward. Hiccup saw her write something down with a smile he thought was cute. He barely saw her smile so he doesn't know if this was a friendly smile or a smile saying: "He is so stupid I will write something to ruin his life" you know like an evil smile that shows bad news.

Hiccup was kind of scared from the inside, but also kind of excited to see what she wrote. Suddenly, he heard Snotlout saying that they have to go home now which kind of made Hiccup have a bad feeling about this. They all stood up and Astrid put the note on the side of the table after they all were ahead of her. She ran off after giving Hiccup a small smile.