Our Future...

Summary: After talking with Tuffnut about Throk's love for Ruffnut, Hiccup, and Astrid are alone at the clubhouse talking about their subject with Tuffnut and soon they end up talking about their future ahead of them.

The idea suggested by user11210982

Takes place in RTTE!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

After Tuffnut ran out of the Clubhouse, Hiccup, and Astrid were left in total silence, they were quiet yet kinda scared at what Tuffnut was going to plan, knowing him he could do anything crazy.

Hiccup trying to forget about that went back to working on the Dragon Eye 2 while Astrid went back to massaging his tired shoulders, seriously Hiccup needs a chill pill. *Glare* ..........Fine!

'The future.....man who knows what will happen there, lots can, but sometimes I wish you could know what will happen in case you would like to change it.' Thought Hiccup, he thought that because of 2 reasons:

1) He didn't want the peace between dragons and Vikings to end.

2) He wanted a happy life with Astrid.

Thinking that made him stop working and furrow his brows, the future is scary when you think about it, you wish to stop all bad things and you wish to make sure that everything is joyful and that you are surrounded by those you love. Sure others may think that it isn't scary and that they are ready for what's to come, they shouldn't worry about something like that, all they have to do for a bright future is to work hard.

Astrid seeing Hiccups sad face, immediately knew something was wrong, so she took her hands off his shoulders and sat in the seat next to him, her hand now on his thigh. The NightFury rider looked at her with curious eyes yet a sad expression, Astrid just smiled at him and asked:

A: What's wrong?

He hesitated before taking a deep breath and answering:

H: Nothing, it's just ....well I am just thinking about the future ahead of us. What might happen and what will happen.

A: You can never know what WILL happen Hiccup, the future, it's complicated, you wish that you could change many things, but in the end it's pointless, what will happen is already decided, you can't change that.

H: I-I know, I know.

A: Then what's bothering you?

H: Our future!

A: Our?

H: You know what I mean, the dragon hunters might take you and well-

Astrid stood up and walked towards the entrance of the clubhouse, Hiccup's eye's following her movements, she stopped and pointed her finger at the edge.

A: Hiccup what do you see out there?

H: The edge, what else?

A: No, out there is our home and our friends, the dragons we freed are all here safe, don't be scared of the future Hiccup, because in the end, we have everyone who cares on our side. Yes, it might be hard, but we should all have hope and faith in each other so we can lead everyone to a bright future.

Hiccup was speechless, he had no words to tell Astrid how much his heart was touched, he felt like crying because of those wise words, all he could do was look at her with tear-filled eyes and a small smile. Astrid walked towards him hugging his head that dug into her stomach.

H: Thank you, my love.

A: I will always be there for you Hiccup.

H: Same here, I will make sure to protect you and .............

Our child!

Yes, Astrid was currently pregnant with their little child, her baby bump barely showing.

Hiccup wanted the best future for his family, he didn't want anything to happen to those he loves, that's why:

He will not be scared of the future and he will protect them, he will give them the best future he can, it will be Their Happy Future. And with that, he broke the hug and kissed his lover's baby bump which made her giggle. He looked at her ocean colored eyes and she looked at his forest green eyes, Hiccup stood up and took Astrid by the hand.

They walked out of the clubhouse with smiles, they were ready to face the future together.

'Forever, I will be there to watch Our Future together.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's short, I just didn't know what else to add.

Hope you liked it!

See Ya Later Dragon Riders!

Bye!