Will You?

Summary: Hiccup has a surprise up his sleeve for his girlfriend of five years.

Takes place in Modern A.U

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

Hiccup and Astrid went on a vacation to the place they first met; Berk, a small village on the outskirts of San Francisco. They were once just neighbors, their parents were best friends, they met almost every week and Hiccup and Astrid were always left with one another in order to hang out. At fifteen, they didn't do much, just talk and sit around awkwardly, but over time, their friendship grew stronger.

Hiccup finally had the courage to ask Astrid out when they were eighteen. He got her favorite flowers, roses, and asked her out in front of the whole school who's students took a video of, and sooner or later it was announced: Hiccup Haddock and Astrid Hofferson are an official couple!

Even though they started dating only after three years of being friends, Hiccup and Astrid considered themselves to have been dating for five years because there were a few kisses here and there and some flirting moments. So it marks as a five year anniversary.

Here they are now, Berk where they first met as neighbors, and Hiccup took Astrid to a cove behind their house where they used to hang out all the time. He was nervous, really nervous. Even though he and Astrid have dated for five years and it's a fact that they loved each other very much and were practically soulmates, he was still unsure of the aftermath of today.

He and Astrid were now seated on the grass, picnic blanket under them with a basket of goods next to them. Hiccup has his arm wrapped around Astrid who's head was leaning on his shoulder as they both stared at the glistening lake in front of them.

(I'm sorry that this one-shot is going to be rushed! It's just because I have major writer's block and it SUCKSSSSS!)

Hiccup took a deep breath and was about to announce the situation when suddenly, an eagle flew above them, making loud sounds as it passed through the coves.

Astrid loved eagles, so when she saw the majestic bird, she stood up and pointed towards it, suddenly turning into an excited little child.

"Hiccup look! It's an eagle!"

Hiccup let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and smiled slightly at Astrid's excitement. He loved to see her smile and see her happy within any good situation, and he so hoped for her to be happy in the situation he was going to reveal this very moment.

He stood up and made his way towards her, holding her hand as they both looked up at the sky where the eagle disappeared off to.

He turned towards her: "Astrid?"

Said Divine Beauty turned towards the auburn-haired male smiling: "Yeah Hiccup?"

This was it, now is the time.

"Astrid," He started: "I have loved you for a very long time. We grew up through these five years and you've changed me so much and made me so shy when loving you because you are my weakness, yet you are my strength. You're strong, brave, beautiful, patient and you're the best person in this whole world."

Astrid couldn't help but smile big and let a tear escape her eye as she looked at her boyfriend with full-on love.

"So, I stand here with you today to ask you one question-"

He went down on one knee as the realisation came to Astrid, who's hands flew to her mouth, her heart beating non-stop and so quickly.

"Astrid Hofferson..."

He pulled out the ring and looked up to meet her blue eyes.

"Will you marry me?"

Astrid's tears fell as she shook with thrilling excitement at the surprise, she took a breath to compose herself before answering enthusiastically:

"Absolutely! YES!"

Hiccup smiled big and slid the ring on her finger. He stood up and brought Astrid in a hug as she exclaimed: "Oh my Gods! Oh, my Gods! I love you so much!"

Her tears kept falling as they held each other tight, Hiccup placing a gentle kiss to Astrid's head as she couldn't stop shaking at the moment that she just witnessed and have got her new beginning from.

People can say what they wish about them, they could hate, they could try to come between them, but Hiccup and Astrid know that no matter where they are, they would always be able to find each other.

The thing with love, it isn't easy. You will go through complicated times, but you'll also experience great times that you would cherish forever. You may even take forever to be able to confess said love, but you have an even longer forever when you do become one.

Love isn't about loving a thousand different people. It's about loving the same person in a thousand different versions.

Vows shouldn't just be words, they should be the truth.

Rings shouldn't just be an accessory, they should be a sign.

Love shouldn't be played with, it should be cherished.

Hiccup and Astrid know that they will have bad times, good times, and confusing times, but no matter what, they will make sure to face them together.

----------------------------------------------------------

See Ya Later Dragon Riders!

Bye!