Painful Love

Summary: Read to find out...I'm sorry for whoever starts crying! I made this in honor of the great journey we Dragon Riders have been through with all of our favorite characters! Thank you!

Hiccup and Astrid are married!

Takes place after HTTYD The Hidden World!

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------

"Hey dad, I know that you are trying to rest, but I have some news to tell you." Spoke a young girl with light auburn hair, her little brother with blond hair standing beside her. She continued: "I GOT A DRAGON! I am now riding a Deadly Nadder just like mom! I named him Spike! I'm sure you would love him."  She finished with a small smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The young girl's little brother held a rose in one hand, his other holding onto his mother's hand.

Astrid Hofferson, the wife of Hiccup Haddock, her blonde hair blowing with the wind, her blue eyes staring at her husband. She spoke softly to him: "You are going to be proud Hiccup, your little boy has been able to swing an axe now, your daughter is now training her dragon, but I'm sure she'll visit you later. I'll be leaving to Berserker Island to meet Heather again, I'll send her and Dagur your greetings. I'll see you in two weeks Hic." She said as her little son smiled up at his mother who looked down at him with a returned smile.

They both walked back home, hand in hand, Hiccup smiling at them from his place.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey dad, it's me, your son, I wanted to tell you that I now have mastered using an axe, my mom has been helping me a lot and she wanted me to tell you that we are having your favorite dinner tonight. I'm going to eat it all this time, even though I don't like vegetables hehe." The young boy laughed silently as he stared at his father.

The young blond gave his father a blue rose that matched his mother's eyes. He walked back home, axe in hand and a smile on his face that matched the smile that was fired towards him from his father.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey dad, I have big news now...uh, I have a boyfriend now, he is really kind, smart and brave. He's sometimes clumsy as well, he reminds me of you sometimes. We talk about our future together as a family one day. I'm grown up as well as little bro who's now became a defender for our village." A hand came and intertwined with the girl's hand. She looked up and saw her boyfriend smiling at her.

They both walked back after giving Hiccup another rose that matched Astrid's eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hiccup! You won't believe this! Our daughter is engaged! Her boyfriend proposed last night! I bet you're as happy as I am! As for your son, he found a girlfriend of his own, you should have seen the smile on his face when he announced that." Astrid beamed with light shining in her bluebell eyes. Her face held hope, happiness and peace.

Hiccup couldn't help but chuckle at his wife as she wished him goodnight and went back home. He hoped his kids would have a bright future with both their loved ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hewo gwandpa ...My name is Hiccup, just wike you! I wish I couwd have met you doh." A little boy with auburn hair said to his grandfather who stared back at him. But of course, the little one couldn't see him...

Just like how no one else did...

Hiccup Haddock, the chief of Berk died in war...his grave placed at the cove where he first met his Nightfury friend. His daughter has a child of her own now, his wife visits him whenever she could and his son has now married his own girlfriend and should be expecting a child of his own.

Hiccup Haddock died in a war, protecting his village, his family, his friends and their future.

*Flashback*

"May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battle field. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla. And know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of Kings. For a great man has fallen: A warrior. A chieftain. A father. A friend."

With that being said, Hiccup's son lit his arrow on fire, aiming it over the ship that held his father's dead figure. The arrow was shot landing next to his father's leg, it was followed by his mother and sister's arrow which were followed by the rest of the village. The son and daughter stood by the docks, their mother watching them with sadness and tears rushing down her cheeks like a river. The son spoke:

"Don't worry dad, your death won't be in vain...Me and my sister will continue ruling this village, we will lead it to victories and happy futures. Count on us! We will help mom, we will stick by her side, we will continue the Haddock name and smile to the clouds knowing that you are now with your own parents happy...Wish us luck dad, we know you'll be watching over us...Till the end."

Astrid stared at her son and daughter, her own farewell words said in her head: 'Hiccup, be proud, you're kids will do great things, you'll be as every bit as proud as I ever will. We knew that Painful Love existed, we knew we would not stay in this life together forever, but one day...one day I'll be with you again and Painful Love won't exist...because...'

'I know you're with me...That's how I know that Painful Love never existed, because knowing that you'll be by my side is enough for an Everlasting Love. Rest well...'

*Flashback End*

It truly was an amazing journey...Thank You Hiccup Haddock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it.

See Ya Later Dragon Riders!

Bye!