"Damsel" In Distress

Summary: Hiccup was being bullied at school during break, he was going to be injured badly but a certain blonde stops that outcome.

(I honestly had writers block whilst writing this, but even if it's short, please enjoy!)

Hiccup and Astrid are not dating yet.

Takes place in Modern.

Idea suggested by hiccstrid_lover_03

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

"Haha what a loser, look at him looking like a big coward."

Hiccup Haddock was trying to enjoy his lunch during break, but unfortunately, that wasn't an option. He found himself instead, cornered at the cafeteria with a gang of boys his age making fun of him.

He just wanted a meal and now THIS!

"What are you gonna do fishbone? Cry for your mommy?"

A big laugh by all four boys followed after, and the insults kept coming at him, one by one. Hiccup felt like breaking but he couldn't, if he did, he would have just signed his death certificate.

The teachers didn't care about him, the students were either scared of his bullies or, just like the teachers, didn't care about him. He was alone, no one was there for him...or so he thought.

"Oh look at me! I'm a fishbone the size of a fishs' pea sized brain!"

"I'm a nerd that can't seem to figure my self out of this problem!"

"Oh please, if he did, we would just beat him up, like always!"

'Gee, talk about clever comebacks, these guys are just plain dumb. ' Thought Hiccup. He couldn't say it out loud, other wise he will be fish bones for real this time.

He wanted to escape, his heart was beating fast and his blood ran cold, all he wanted was to get out and ignore them, but they would always come find him.

Seeing the guys talking, he tried walking sideways as to escape, but luck clearly wasn't on his side today. One of the bullies saw him trying to get passed and yelled out his name as 'Fishbone' which made poor Hiccups heart stop and his blood got colder, if possible. He froze and then tried to make a run for it.

Suddenly, his shirt was grabbed from the back and he was thrown onto the concrete floor, his meal now scattered all over. Not only will he lose his life, but he also lost his meal.

'Just great' He thought.

The bullies leader towered over the poor boy and was about to throw a punch to his freckled face until-

CRUNCH!

"OW MY NOSE!!!"

"Oh please, your nose will now be helpful as to not stick itself into other people's business anymore."

That voice.... Hiccup new that voice. A sound graceful yet fearless, warm yet cold with fierce. Words harder than rocks and laughs soft as the breeze. It was Astrid 'Fearless' Hofferson, Hiccups all time crush.

He turned his head towards the blonde girl and saw her towering over his Bully who now tried to stop the blood running down his nose as the other bullies made a run for it and dashed out of the cafeteria.

"Now if you please get your useless butt up and who knows maybe try to fit its big size through the door, you can now take your garbage talk outside... Now SCRAM!!!"

The bully screamed like a little girl who's doll just got thrown into the ocean and ran out the door, bumping his arm hard against it and continued till who knows where.

Hiccup watched his Bully flee and soon noticed Astrid reaching a hand towards him as others in the cafeteria watched in silence. He hesitated at first but soon found his hand in her grasp with his cheeks getting warm with a red hue.

Astrid pulled him up and he muttered a quick and quiet 'Thank you' before looking down at the floor feeling awkward. But he soon found his hand being taken in a warm, firm and gentle grasp before watching himself get dragged by Astrid out of the cafeteria and towards an empty hallway.

"You okay?"

Hiccup hesitated before speaking:

"I-I'm fine.... But why... Why did you-"

"Because those guys were idiots, they just don't see the clever guy I see. They think that by bullying people weaker than them it would make them look stronger. But on the contrary, it makes them look more like knuckleheads... Just don't let them get to you. "

Hiccup stood there in silence before speaking to her once again:

" Yeah you're right... Most people just don't know what logic is anymore, huh?"

She laughed a bit and answered back at the now smiling like an idiot boy:

"Yeah they don't. But we can't help that much. For now, all we can do is fight back... My name is-"

"Astrid Hofferson... I know, you're popular around here at school hehe."

"Haha funny... And you are the famous Hiccup Haddock I presume or are you the gunius Fishlegs?"

They both laughed the similarity comparison of Astrids joke and continued walking around the school speaking with each other and getting to know more about the other. Astrid even gave Hiccup some of her lunch which he denied, but soon found himself eating because of her constant insists.

From that day on, their friendship grew into more and soon, they were the talk of the school. The best couple as the girls say while boy are getting jealous at Hiccup, but most of them supported him and Astrid through their relationship, including Snotlout, Fishlegs and the twins.

Hiccup still had his bullies at the back of his neck, but because of his new friends, he was able to fight back and get out of trouble.

He had a pretty girlfriend who used to be his crush.

He had friends that stuck by his side.

And his bullies lessened.

His life couldn't get any better, he was just thankful for Astrid for being his Superhero while he was the bullied

'Damsel In Distress'

And you know what? He wouldn't have it any other way.

-----------------------------------------

Hope you liked it.

See Ya Later Dragon Riders!

Bye!