•15•

"Hey Zayn, I miss you. I know you're still alive but it's hard seeing you like this, knowing that it's my fault, " Harry whispered while looking at Zayn's closed eyes.

"I think I love you Zayn. I know it's too early, but I've always loved you when we became friends, I guess my love for you has gotten stronger. "

Harry heard the door open and he turned to his side to see that guy from yesterday.

He stood up and shot him a dirty look.

"Round two is always available, " Harry spat at the boy.

He didn't even look fazed, in fact he laughed at Harry.

"And makeup for your nose is always available," he retorted while pointing to Harry's bruised nose.

"You're the one who needs make-up, that yellow bruise looks pretty bad. "

The boy with blue eyes laughed and took a step towards Harry with his arms crossed.

"Listen here kid, I want you to stay away from my best mate, you hear? It's already bad enough that you got him in this position, " he said lowly and jabbed Harry's chest with his index finger.

"And who the hell are you to tell me what to do!?" Harry boomed in the boy's face.

"Will you stop yelling!? You're going to disturb Zayn! " , Louis shouted and shoved Harry.

"You damn hypocrite! You need to-"

Harry was cut off by the sound of low grunts.

His head whipped towards Louis who had his eyes wide, as if he's seen a ghost.

Harry heard the noise again and mirrored Louis' expression, before they both ran over to Zayn's bed.

His eyes were squinted shut and his mouth was in a thin line, while his eyebrows were creased.

His fingers and eyelids started twitching and more low grunts were heard.

Harry and Louis both looked at each other with wide eyes before Harry pressed the nurse button.

Harry's heart was caught in his throat and he tried to stop himself from crying on the spot.

"Zayn you can do this, " Harry whispered and grabbed Zayn's hand.

A nurse came running into the room and she was shocked to see the scene in front of her.

She took a look at Zayn and quickly scratched some things down on her clipboard.

"He's -he's waking up! ", she cried and ran her hand along Zayn's arm.

"Thank you, uh... ", Harry began but he stopped when he didn't know the nurse's name.

"Linda, " she said firmly and looked back at Zayn.

It was as if Louis wasn't in the room, he was pale and shocked but excited at the same time, it was too much to handle.

Harry felt a stinging pain in his hand, and when he looked down he saw that Zayn was tightly gripping his hand.

Zayn's eyes fluttered open and he gasped for breath, his body quickly shooting up.

He ignored the pain in his abdomen and let out a loud cry, breaking everyone's heart in the room.

Harry was quick to cradle the crying boy in his arms and run his fingers through his soft black hair.

"I - I... ", Zayn tried to speak but he just couldn't.

"Shhhh I'll get you some water, " Linda softly whispered to Zayn.

He gripped his stomach, where the wound was and bit his lip to suppress his sobs.

Zayn's body was still violently shaking and when the nurse handed him the water he quickly drank it down.

"Zayn.. I've missed you mate, " Louis whimpered with tears in his eyes when Zayn looked at him.

"I've ... mi- ssed you... t- to Lou- ie,"  Zayn spoke with a low raspy voice.

Louis smiled through his tears and ran over to Zayn, giving him a gentle hug.

Linda smiled and walked out, giving them some time.

"Har- rrrry... " Zayn whispered when Louis let go of him.

Tears were falling down both of their cheeks and Harry bit his lip violently, waiting for what Zayn had to say.

"I.. think th- at I love y- you too... " he confessed to Harry who was ready to cry.

And he did cry.

"Harry.. I don't thi- nk... I k- now that.. I l-love yo- u. "

Harry hugged Zayn and cried into his shoulder, and Zayn couldn't help but cry as well.

Louis didn't want to admit it but this whole scene made him cry too.

"I love you s- so much Zayn, I thought I was going to lose you, " Harry sobbed.

Zayn soothingly rubbed Harry's back and smiled a little.

"H- hey....I'm here n- now. I'd never l- let my- self die on y-you... without te-lling you tha- t I love you."

Louis harshly wiped his eyes at the two.

Maybe he underestimated Harry, he seemed like he'd take care of Zayn.

He smiled at Zayn and he returned the gesture.

"Good to have you back mate, " Louis cooed and moved Zayn's long fringe that was covering his eyes to the side.

"Wh- what happened to y- your face l- Lou? A- and you H- Harry? " Zayn rasped out with concern.

Harry and Louis shared a glance and Louis shrugged.

"Got into a fight with Harry and his friend. "

"Ran into a wall and hit my nose."

Both boys spoke at the same time, Harry being the dishonest one.

Zayn quirked a brow but didn't question it.

Harry smiled at Zayn and kissed his hand that he was still holding.

"All that matters is that you're back baby."