Chapter 4 - Team 3

When the next morning came, I was full of beans. Today is the day when we, the newly graduated, will be grouped.

Who will my teammates be? But more importantly, which sensei will be our leader? I headed towards the school with questions like these in my mind.

By the time I arrived, the classroom was already filled with newly graduated children. I walked to my chair and sat down.

A few minutes later Iruka-sensei entered the room. He stood in front of the class with a big pack of paper in his hands.

'Listen everybody!' Everything in the classroom gone silent in a moment. 'Today you all will become a genin. We tried to organise the teams to be on equal level. And now it goes!' He said and started to list the squads by numbers. He told everybody where should they go to meet their team leader.

I got excited when I heared my name:

'Ichigo Nara, Hiroto Hyuga and Ashi Inuzuka will form squad three under Hayama Shirakumo. He is in this building, waiting for you.'

A girl with a huge hairy dog and a boy with white eyes stood up and left the room alongside me.

A man who weared his long hair in a ponytail waited for us outside the building. He wore the official shinobi waistcoat's short sleved version and short gloves on his hands. He looked like an average shinobi, but the scar on the right side of his face, near his mouth shoved that he had survived dangerous battles before.

'You guys must be the members of squad thee. Follow me!' His voice was as cold and calm. We followed him without a word, until we reached a calm park. He sat down to the ground.

'Sit in front of me and let's begin!' He said. As we sat down he introduced himself to us.

'Okay guys, I will start! As you have heared before, I'm Hayama Shirakumo, but for you it's Hayama-sensei from now on. I will be your team leader until you get strong enough to take the chunnin exams.'

After that he asked us to introduce ourselves and speak about our plans for the future. The boy with the white eyes started to speak:

'I'm Hiroto Hyuga from the Hyuga clan's main branch. My future plan is to master the Byakugan and become a proud ninja.'

I was amazed. The Byakugan is the kekkei genkai of the Hyuga clan. It gives his user a wide field of vision and an extreme speed. Members of the Hyuga clan can even see the chakra flow in someone's body!

The girl who came with the dog and had red stripes on her face was the next:

'I'm Ashi Inuzuka from the Inuzuka clan. My elder sister is Hana Inuzuka and my elder brother is Kiba Inuzuka.' She pointed at her dog. 'And he is my partner Shiromaru. Our future dream is to be a helpful team for our village.'

So she was from the Inuzuka clan. I realised that the red stripes on her face is her clan mark. She hugged the huge brown dog like it is her greatest support in life.

I noticed that the others are waiting for my introduction, so I began too:

'I'm Ichigo Nara from the Nara clan. Shikamaru Nara is my elder brother. My goal is the be acknowleged by others for who I am.'

'Okay then. For today this is enough. Let's meet tomorrow at the training field at nine am!'

'Rodger Hayama-sensei!' We said in sync.