Chapter 25 - Awake

'You spent the whole night next to her?' An unfamiliar voice of a woman reached my mind.

Where am I? Who is this woman?

'Yes, I was here all night long.' I heared another voice. I sounded familiar. Can it be ... brother?

'She is such a lucky girl to have a good brother like you.' The other voice said, then I heared footsteps and sound of a closing door.

'Bro...ther...' I whispered without opening my eyes.

'Ichigo? You're awake?'

'Uhh...Kinda, I think.' I said on a pale tone while opening my eyes slowly.

'I'm glad you woke up. I hate being in the hospital.' He smiled at me.

Hospital? I looked around and I had to admit, that he was right. I was laying on a white hospital bed.

'Why am I in here? What happened to me?'

'You collapsed after your fight with Hayama.'

Some memories got into my mind. As minutes passed I could remember my fight with my sensei.

'Wait a minute! Where is Hanku?' As he heared my questions he laughed out.

'You mean the black panter who you summoned? She is right next to your bed.'

I looked in the direction which Shikamaru reffered to and saw Hanku watching over me.

'You are a strange girl Ichigo, but I'm happy that you are alright.' She said to me. Now it was my turn to laugh.

'Thanks Hanku! I'm glad you are alright too.' I smiled.

'Wait a minute! You understand her speeking?' Brother interuped.

'Of course! ... Wait, you can't?'

'No.' He took his hand to the back of his head. 'Otherwise I would be glad if you could explain her to me.'

'Oh ... You mean, how can I summon her?' He dodded silently. 'Alright ... I made the contact with Hanku on the night before our first B-rank mission.'

'I see.'

After a few moments of silence he spoke up again.

'Anyway, I want to congratulate you.' When I gave him a confused look he continued. 'You won the fight sis!' I was happy and depressed at the same time from this news.

'And what about sensei? How is he?'

'You didn't cause him permanent wounds, so he is in a good shape now. ... But if I were you I would be careful with this panter. If you didn't have collapsed, she would have attacked further and that would have resulted trouble.' Hanku growled at him.

'If you can't understand her, she hears your words clearly.' I said fondling her fur.

'Anyway, what was the jutsu you used at the end of the fight?'

'Oh that? You know, Hanku is a shadow panter, more precisely the last, and we made that jutsu together.'

He wanted to ask me more, but then someone knocked on the door then entered the room.

Ashi and Hiroto ran to my bed immediately, followed by Hayama-sensei.