Chapter 7 - Test of strenght

Today was my first real training day with Squad 3. Hayama-sensei told us that our task for today is to fight against him. He wanted to do this in order to measure our strenght.

Hiroto was the first to fight. He activated his Byakugan and started attacking with amazing speed. Because of his kekkei-genkai he could see through objects and even the chakra system in someone's body is visible for him with it.

He tried to use the gentle palm technique, but our leader dogged his every move. It looked like Hayama-sensei used air type jutsus to protect himself.

'Stop Hiroto! You did well.' He said to our comrade after a long fight.

Hiroto was breathing heavily. I ran to him and helped him to sit down to a nearby rock.

'Thank you Ichi-chan!' His blank white eyes reflected happiness as he smiled. 'I think I used up too much chakra. I must rest for a while to get better.'

When I looked back to the field, Ashi was already facing Hayama-sensei. Shiromaru joined her side too then the battle started. Her duo was attacking precisely. It was like a well composed ballet performed by dog and human.

I watched them in amazement. Our sensei had to use an more techniques to deal with her and he even used a jutsu his own. It was the vacuum sword! He attacked with it several times, but was avoiding to cause any harm to her.

At this rate I was sure that Hayama-sensei has wind chakra nature. I started to come up with strategies and attack plans. I was so deep in my mind that I didn't even noticed when the battle ended.

'Ichigo! Stop daydreaming! It is your turn!' Ashi said to me and tapped my shoulder. I nodded and went to the arena to face our sensei. He gave me the sign to start.

First I tried to attack frontally with my blade, but it didn't worked. My brain was full of possible movements, but I had to decide on which of them would fit into this situation perfectly.

After a few inefficent attacks I decided to use the shadow trap kind of thing as I did with brother. I knew that this movement is a way too raw to call it a jutsu, but I had to try it.

I recessed back and sat down. Sensei seemed bushed and a bit dissapointed as he followed my moves with his eyes. He tought that I'm recessing back to give up, but he didn't even suspected that I want to use my clan ability against him!

I only concentrated on Hayama-sensei's shadow. When my shadow started to move I could see the recognition in his eyes. It was too late for me to stop by then.

He started moving to avoid the shadow. I almost reached him, when a sudden head-ache broke my jutsu. I dropped with fatigue.

How could I be such a careless fool? Shikamaru warned me to rest and restore my chakra, but I didn't care.

Sensei walked to me:

'Nice try, Ichigo. You almost caught me.' I looked up to see him smiling. Our precise and always cold sensei smiled at me! 'I suggest you to practice more shadow techniques.'

'I'll do that Hayama-sensei!' I agreed with a smile on my face then sat up.

Ashi ran to me. Her tanned skin was almost white from the worry.

'You all right Ichi-chan?'

'Yes, I will be fine.'

'You guys are all tired now, so I will leave you. See you again soon.' Hayama-sensei said and left us without any further instructions.