Chapter 26 - Chat with Hayama-sensei

Ashi and Hiroto were in a very cheerful mood. They were happy that I'm finaly awake after a whole day of unconciousness.

A while after they arrived, Shikamaru left, because he was summoned by the Hokage. Since the members of my team entered the room, our sensei hadn't spoke a single word. It seemed like he was deep in his mind.

'Sensei?' I asked him carefully.

'Ashi, Hiroto, can you leave me alone with Ichigo for a while? Would you mind bringing her some food? She must me hungry.'

'Sure!' They said. On the other hand, I could see that they were loathing to leave me.

Their leaving caused a taut situation in the room. The silence was broken by Hayama-sensei, who spoke up.

'You won the match Ichigo.'

'I know. Brother told me about it.' Both of us spoke on a pale tone.

'I see.' He nodded and took a deep breath. 'I will be straight. ... What was the jutsu you used?'

'I haven't gave it a name yet. Basicly it is a technique I made together with Hanku.'

'Amazing! You always surprise me. During our first fight you made it clear to me that you are a natural talent in shadow manipulation. Back then on the way to Suna you showed us an extreme will to succed on the mission and you summoned Hanku for help too. And finally, yesturday, you showed me excelent skills on the field of swordsplay, got my Kage Bushin with your improved Shadow Trap and after all of that you were able to summon and perform an incredible jutsu noone has ever seen!'

'But, I ... I almost hurt you sensei!' I said, almost crying.

'It is true, but that's why an attack is an attack, right?' He smiled. 'Otherwise it only hurt when you were holding your jutsu against me.'

'I know. It is a technique which functions only like an illusion.'

'An illusion? But how?' He said totally confused.

'Hanku and I were only attacking your shadow. What you felt was what happened to it, but it didn't really happened with you real body sensei.'

'Hmm, tricky. And how could your panter punch my stomach?'

'She is the last shadow panter. During our connected jutsu she has control over the shadows. If she wants it she can even merge with them.'

'Interesting.' Sensei stood up and walked to the window. 'Ashi and Hiroto are on the way back here. It looks like they bring ramen for you.' When sensei mentioned food, I felt the pangs of hunger.

'You are not mad at me sensei?'

'Of course not Ichigo! Just continue training hard.' He turned back to me. 'I only want to ask you one thing.'

'You can ask me anything sensei.'

'Don't use this jutsu, only if you don't have other choices!'