Chapter 18 - Time

I went to my place and found someone sitting on my rock, looking up to the sky.

'Shikamaru, this is my place!' I yelled at him.

'I'm glad you came back safely from your mission too.' He seemed to ignore what I had just said. 'Come and join me.' He said pointing to the free space next to him. I jumped onto the rock, sat down and started looking down into the water.

'And how was your mission? Mother and father were worried about you.' He suddenly spoke up.

'We succeeded on it. That's all what matters, right?'

'Why are you so depressed? Because now you will go on more boring genin-missions?'

'No it is not that I'm depressed. Otherwise I'm very happy. We won't get those small, boring missions anymore.' I smirkled.

'I can't follow what are you talking about.'

'I catched my super genious brother with such a simple way of words?' I laughed.

'It's not funny! Tell me what did you wanted to say!' It seemed like it is brothering him, that there is something he can't figure out.

'Alright then.' I took a deep breath. 'I'm now on rank chunin and in Team Hayama.' I said with one blow. Shikamaru seemed to be shocked.

'Stop joking around! This is not funny.' He ruffled my hair.

'I'm not joking.' I said on a serious voice. 'Otherwise, stop messing my hair already!' I gave my hair a smooth.

'But how? You were on a mission during the Chunin-exams.' He seemed confused which is very unusal of him.

'It is enough that this was the Hokage's order.'

'Oh, I see.' He looked at the clouds again. 'So this is one more reason for me to give this to you he said, giving my a present. 'Happy 13th birthday sis!'

'Thank you brother.' I said. Tears gathered in the corner of my eye from emotions. During the tranings and missions I completely forgot about how quickly the time flows.

'Don't cry Ichigo!' He said and hugged me. 'This is just a present. Moreover you haven't seen what's inside the box!'

I looked down to my lap where the box was. It wasn't a very big present wrapped into dark purple wrapping paper.

I opened it slowly. My words strucked in my troat as I saw what was inside the box.

'Yes sis. This is your time. It's yours now.'

-----

What do you think? What was Shikamaru's present?

Write it in comment. If someone finds it out I will dedicate the next chapter to him/her.

I'm curious about your ideas. :)