Chapter 17 - Gifts

We had spent two weeks in Sunakagure. We stayed in an apartment given to us by the Kazekage until Hayama-sensei recovered.

Kazuki was relased from the hospital too and went back to work, but he came to say good-bye to us. After it he turned to me.

'Ichi-chan! I want you to take one of my chakra blades with you as a replacement for your broken blade and as a compensation for the worries I caused.' He said to me. I hunkered to face him.

'You are such a sweet little boy Kazuki, but I can't take it. It is your blade after all. But, I'm so happy that I have met you.' I smiled, petting his head.

'I can feel that you are truly happy for me Ichi-chan, but please don't turn down my gift.' He almost begged me.

'Fine than. I will take it.' I said grabbing the blade and placing it into my blade holder on my back. 'Thank you Kazuki!'

-----

After 4 days of travelling we finaly made our way back to Konoha. When Hayama-sensei made his report to Tsunade-sama she decided to change the rank of our mission to B, but that wasn't our only surprise.

'You did a nice work with these guys Hayama. I'm impressed. Because of this mission they couldn't enter the Chunin-exams, but I will offer them this rank.'

'But Godaime-sama! They are still very young.' Hayama-sensei complained.

'You want to query my decision? Why don't we ask them too about this?' She smirkled. 'Shizune, invite them in!'

'Yes, ma' am!' She said and left. Five minutes after the whole Squad 3 was standing in front of the Hokage.

'I decided to give you guys chunin rank. Is anybody who have problem with this?' She asked and looked at all of us. Noone spoke up. 'Alright then. Your squad is Team Hayama from now on. Am I understood?' She stood up.

'Yes, Godaime-sama!' We said.

'Now you all can go home and refresh yourselfes. Dissmissed!'