Chapter 12 - Meeting

It was like I had been woken up from a deep sleep. When I looked around I realised that I'm still sitting on the rock. In front of me there was the scroll, but the summonig symbol dissappered from it. I wrapped up and took it away.

It was almost dawn, so I had to hurry back home. If my parents were to notice that I had been out I would be in huge trouble!

-----

'Okay then, everybody is here. Let's get going!' Said Hayama-sensei after expaining the details of our mission.

We will meet a certain someone at a settled meeting place in the forest at noon. Our job is to guard this person on the way to Sunakagure.

Ashi was travelling on Shiromaru's back as Hiroto and I were running after Hayama-sensei. When he slowed down we knew that we are near the meeting point.

Our insight turned out to be right. Next to a huge tree there was a little boy. He had spiky hair in the colour of sand. He didn't seem to be more than 8 years old, but on his back there were two fighting blades.

'Come out from the bushes.' He said to us on a calm voice which didn't seem to match his little figure. Hayama-sensei was the first to reveal himself. When he looked at the boy, sensei frowned. 'You must be the leader of the squad. Nice to meet you. I'm Kazuki.'

'Nice to meet you Kazuki. I'm Hayama Shirakumo...' He wanted to say more, but Kazuki interuped.

'...And with you there is a complete squad. A shadow girl, a boy with the Byakugan and an Inuzuka with her dog. Am I right?' We looked at him in amazement and fear at the same time as we leaped out from the bushes.

Our surprise became even bigger when we faced him. He looked totally normal, except his eyes! His shining red eyes were cloudy.

Kazuki was blind!