Chapter 16 - Arrive in Suna

We had been travelling for two more days till we reached Sunakagure. Kazuki was still uncontious, but it looked more like he was sleeping, because he rarely muttered things.

By the time we arrived a shinobi was waiting for us. I took a closer look at him.

He had short red hair and deep green eyes. On his forehead there was the kanji of love. The Kazekage of the Sand!

'Kazekage-sama.' Hayama-sensei stooped to him. 'I'm Hayama Shirakumo and these genins with me are the members of Squad 3. We completed the mission and bringed back Kazuki, but he fainted after our fight with his attackers.'

'I see. Thank you for bringing him home.' He said looking over us. 'You did well, but it seems like you have been injured. Follow me to the hospital!' He said turning away.

We followed him to the hospital. Before I entered the building I thanked Hanku for what she done and told her to leave.

Inside, the medical ninjas started to clear our wounds and heal them. Hayama-sensei had the most serious wounds among the four of us. We survived with only smaller cuts and bleedings (and in my case with a cracked arm bone), but our sensei's left scapula was broken!

'Will sensei be alright? Ashi asked from one of the medical ninjas.

'He will be fine, but he shouldn't move for 2 weeks. It didn't helped his recovery that he ran so much.' A friendly nurse answered her question. When Ashi left with Hiroto to have a rest after the mission, I grabbed the opportunity to ask about Kazuki.

'Have you figured out what's wrong with Kazuki? He was knocked down two days ago and I'm worrying about him.'

'The others are still examining him. I didn't got any information about him yet.'

'If he is awake I would like to see him.'

'I will go and see it for you.' She said and left.

When she returned she told me that he is awake, but very weak, because he has a wound on his stomach from his earlier fight with those ninjas before. I thanked her help and left to see Kazuki.

As I entered the room he spoke to me immediately on a quite and weak voice.

'Ichi-chan...why are you here?'

'I came to see you. I was really worried about you Kazuki-san after you passed out. Why didn't you show this wound of yours to us?'

'On your team there are noone who is a medical ninja, right?' I didn't wanted to accept what he had said is true, but I had to. 'Because of that there were nothing that you could do for me, so it was pointless to reveal it. It was better to reach the village in the fastest way.'

'I understand your reasons.' I nodded. 'But now you are treated and you fill be fine, won't you?'

'Yes, I was given medicine and I will recover soon.' He turned his lips into a small smile.

'I'm glad to hear that.' I smiled.