Chapter 8 - Average days

Day after day I had been doing the same since then.

On weekdays I got up and went to train with our team. Some times we got small, D-rank missions from Godaime-sama, but a D-rank mission is no big deal. We usally had to save cats or do other little jobs in the village.

After finishing our duties, I would have lunch with Ashi and Hiroto. Then training with Shikamaru if he wasn't busy or on a mission. At the end of the day I would go home and have a shower before going to sleep.

On weekends I have to take part in the work in the forest. My clan has a territory covered with trees where only we can enter. If somebody gets into the forest without our permission we will know it in an instant.

I like the forest very much. There are deers in the forest who we care after. I like animals so I think watching them is the best part of being in our forest.

On day when we were in the forest with Shikamaru I asked him:

'Brother! Is it possible for me to work with an animal?'

He looked at me like I was joking.

'Work with and animal? Why do you ask that?'

'I'm just curious. You know Ashi-san has Shiromaru with her. Some of my other classmates have summonings to work with them if it comes to battle.' I looked down as we walked along the small path.

'You see, you can try to use summoning if you want a helper with battles, but there is a chance that it won't work. It is a C-ranked ninjutsu and it is also a contract between human and animal. In my case I have never tried to use a technique like that.'

'Can I try to make it?'

Shikamaru smiled at me:

'You are a very brave girl, but it is a way too dangerous to make a contact like that in your age. I believe that your classmates are just showing off too.' He said to me. My lips turned down.

'But we can work on your jutsu the next time we train.' He said to cheer me up.

I smiled back and started laughing. At this moment he realised that he stopped walking.

'Oh! Not again!' He muttered.

'Yes, you fall for my shadow trap again! It is 2/0 to me.' I said.

I improved my shadow trap into a completed jutsu during trainings. I can do it now without any problem and it isn't causing me head-aches anymore.

'You little monster! You will pay for this!' He said, but not with anger, rather with joy in his voice.

'Only if you can catch me!' I said and run away. 'Catch me if you can!' I yelled and relased the jutsu.