I March to the Beat of Your Drumming Heart

You looked in the mirror in the bathroom of your apartment. It got lonely in there sometimes, but you didn't mind. 

You walked into your bedroom and went over to your dresser. On it was a picture of you and your dad, when you were little. He passed away from cancer when you were eleven. You grabbed some skinny jeans out of your top drawer and threw them on, along with a Nirvana tank top, and a black beanie.

You opened the door and walked down the stairs. You walked right out of the apartment building and onto the streets. 

There was a little coffee shop down the street, so you walked there.

When you walked in, there was a man sitting in a chair. He had black hair. It was clearly dyed, but it looked nice. He greeted you with a smile. It was only you, the man, and the barista.

You ordered a bagel with extra cream cheese and a mocha. You sat down next to the man, and he greeted you with a smile. You smiled back.

You plugged in your earbuds, and after about 10 minutes, the man unplugged one. "Hey," he said. "Hello," you said back. He looked you over. "You're cute," he said gently. "Thanks," you replied trying to hide your blush. 

You and the man talked for a long time. You spent a couple of days hanging out together, and every morning, you met at the coffee shop for a bagel and a mocha.

Then,  five days later, he invited you over to his house, where you two spent the night on the couch, your head on his chest. You felt your heart pounding loudly.

"Gerard?" you asked him. "Yes?" he replied. "What do you march to?" you looked up to see his face. "Well, right now, I march to the beat of your drumming heart."

A/N Hello frens! I thought this was kinda cute, but that's because I'm the author, and I made it, sooo... I know, it was actually awful. I'll try to make it better.