Confident

For as long as I could remember, I'd always been chubbier.

When I was little, the other kids would make fun of me and call me things like fatty that really impacted my self-esteem. I carried their words with me throughout my entire life and went through terrible binging and starving periods. My relationship with food and my body was so unhealthy. Friends would invite me to go out to lunch, so I would go, but I wouldn't order anything. The second I got home, however, it was a completely different story. I would stuff my face with food until I couldn't breathe.

When I met Gerard, I thought it would be different.

We went out on a couple of dates that didn't require me eating in front of him, but he asked me to go with him to a nice restaurant one night and I didn't want to disappoint.

I got all dolled up. I felt a little chunky but not obese. I curled my hair and applied light mascara and blush to bring out my natural features.

Gee picked me up and drove me there.

When we arrived, I ordered a water and him the same. We talked for a little while but it was soon time to order.

I ordered chicken and a side salad. He ordered shrimp alfredo.

When it came, I didn't put dressing on my salad and just sort of poked at my chicken. I felt tears starting in the back of my eyes but I didn't want them to fall.

"Y/N, are you going to eat anything?" asked Gerard.

I looked up at him and it was too much. I burst into tears and pushed my food aside. I stood up to run to the bathroom, but he grabbed onto my hand.

"No," he said. "Stay and talk to me. We can get through this."

So I told him. I told him about my childhood and the way I felt about myself. I told him that I was so insecure about my weight that I would never eat in public in fear of being shamed or mocked. I confessed that it was a terrible habit of mine and that I hated myself for it.

He was silent the entire time. He listened as he held my hands in his. When I was done, he took a deep breath. My heart was racing, expecting him to tell me he couldn't handle me or something of that sort, but he instead said this:
"Y/N, you're beautiful. You're gorgeous. Your body is perfect and so are you. Hell, you could be hideous for all I care, and I'd still think of you the same way. You're an amazing girl and I'm so lucky to have you in my life."
I felt the tears again, but I wasn't sad. I was happy. I felt safe.

I finished my food and so did he. Afterwards, we sat in his car and listened to the radio quietly. I rested my head on his shoulder and listened to his heart beating steadily. I looked up at him lovingly.

"Thank you, Gerard," I whispered.
"The pleasure is all mine, beautiful," he whispered back and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

MissClaragirlSummers
It's up a lot earlier than expected, thought I'd do it later but decided on it now! Hope you enjoy it!!