Don't Call Me Emo

"Bogus!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. "I can't take this anymore!" I feel my chest tightening as I sit on my floor in a heaping pile.

That's when my phone goes off. It's a call from my best friend, Frank.

"Y/N, hey," Frank says.

"Hi," I say quietly.

"Oh no, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lie. "Definitely okay."

"Well, I've got something that'll make you feel better! I got you a blind date for prom!" Frank sings.

"Thanks, Frankie," I reply.

"Anytime. Tell me what's up."

I explain to Frank  how I'm being cyber bullied by someone who hates emo people for some crazy reason that remains unknown.

I tell him all about how I can't take it anymore.

"That sucks, Y/N, but if it makes you feel any better, your date is great at helping you out. You've met before!"

"Frank, that defeats the purpose of a blind date," I cringe.

"But this will be ten times more fun. Wait and see."

The night of the prom, I slip on my purple dress and look in the mirror. My H/C hair hangs down in curls, reaching the middle of my back. "Beautiful," my mother says, clasping my silver necklace around my neck.

"Thank you," I mumble.

As Frank picks me up, he looks at me and says "your date's in the back."

I look in the backseat, and there sits Gerard, my crush since fifth grade.

I clasp my hand over my mouth as Gerard grins at me.

"Hey, Y/N," he says in his sexy Jersey accent.

"Hi," I squeak out.

He chuckles as Frank drives to the hotel that the prom is being hosted at.

"M'lady," says Gerard, offering me his hand to get out of the car.

"Thank you, kind sir," I say, hopping out.

When the first slow dance comes on, Gerard grins at me. "Come on."

He gently places his hands on my waist and we dance like we've never danced before. 

When the song is over, Gerard decides to blow that Popsicle stand and go somewhere else. 

"I know a place."

We walk up and down the sidewalks until we reach a small park.

Gerard sits down on a swing and pats the one next to him. Gladly, I sit down.

"Y/N, I have a confession," Gerard mumbles. "I'm in love with you."

I feel my eyes widen as I stare at him. "I love you, too," I say, pressing my lips to him.

When we pull away, he smiles at me again. "You're perfect-emo or not, you're perfect," he says. "Frank told me about the bully and stuff."

I nod, letting him take my hand and kiss me again.

The rest of the night, we sit on the swings, taking  and looking at the moon.

A/N: THANK YA'LL SO MUCH FOR 1K READS LOVE YOUUUU