Millions

A/N: I know, I haven't updated this in for and ever, don't hate me for it, I'm trying my hardest. Also, I do not own the lyrics written in this story or any of the characters. Thank you!

Standing on the corner with a guitar in my hands, I gently strummed. My case was on the ground and I was hoping for someone bigger than just a typical city folk to say "Hey, she's actually kinda good!" 

I began to sing, strumming a little bit louder.

"When the world gets too heavy, put it on my back. I'll be your levy." 

Some people looked up from their phones on the bench outside the bus stop. Others didn't look up at all.

"You are taking me apart like bad glue on a get well card." 

 A couple more eyes were lifted, more people walked past me.

I sang the rest of the lyrics, finishing off the sound with the last chord. 

That's when I saw someone coming toward me, a huge grin on their face.

It was a man. He was wearing a white button-down shirt, black pants, a loose black tie, and a black jacket. 

Wonder where he's going, I thought to myself.

"Hey, I'm Gerard. Gerard Way."

My e/c eyes widened at the sight of him.

I facepalmed.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW IT WAS GERARD WAY?!?!?!?!

"I know exactly who you are! Oh my gosh!" I felt my inner fangirl from 2005 coming out.

"I heard you from over there. You know, I could use you for help. I'm planning to create a new album soon and I could use some inspiration. You could help me do the instruments and lyrics and background vocals and truly, I just need some help." I peeled my hands off my guitar and let it rest against my body. "I would be glad to!" I answered. He beamed. "Great! Here's my studio. Meet me there tomorrow at eight in the morning!"

When I went home that day, I had to figure out what to wear.

It would be too fangirly and awkward to wear an MCR T-shirt, so I decided on a blink-182 hoodie and a pair of red skinny jeans. 

I went to sleep early, wanting to wake up early enough to drink coffee, eat some cereal, and watch anime.

I woke up at 5:30 and sat down on the couch, too nervous to eat or drink, so I just flipped on the TV. Sighing, I set down the remote and hopped in the car at 7:45.

Arriving at the studio at 8 o'clock on the dot, you saw the lemonhead messing around with the buttons on the recording machines.

"Hey! Y/N!" Gerard high-fived you. "Hello!" He smiled. "Ready to get to work?" he asked. I shrugged. "Sure! What do you have so far?"

Gerard showed me a tracklist for an album that appeared to be called Hesitant Alien. "I'm gonna dye my hair red for the cover, though," he told me. I  nodded. "I think that would look nice on you!" I said encouragingly. 

We did the same thing every single day for about 3 months. Meet at 8, work until 3, hang out afterward.

One day, he had a surprise for me.

I walked into the studio and his hair was red instead of yellow.

That wasn't all.

In my spot, laid a red rose, the same color as his hair.

He showed me the lyrics to a song that he had written.

Can I be your number one?

Was written at the bottom. He pointed to it and I grinned like a fool. "Of course!" I said, arms wide open, ready to embrace him. "You are the best," I told him. He shook his head. "I disagree."

For your first date, he took you to a music shop and you walked around town.

It was a sunny October day.

It was the best day of your life out of the millions that you had lived.

A million reasons, but I need a million more.

Love ya, stay street.