The Ghost of You

Ever since I was little, it's always been Gerard and I. Just the two of us as best friends. That's how I liked it, too. I didn't need my parents because I was always at his house. Besides, why would my parents care about me if they barely knew I existed?

Gerard is one year older than me.

This is my senior year in high school.

Gerard was a freshman in college, with big dreams to join the military once he finished.

The first day of school

Me: So dreading this. Wish you were here!!! <3

I texted him, not expecting a reply back.

When I walked into the building, a couple of girls snickered. 

"Oh, shut up," I hissed at them. Their bubblegum pink lip gloss lined lips pursed into little o's

I continued walking to my locker, but was suddenly tripped by someone. I looked up at them, realizing that it was the school's bully, who just so happened to hate me.

"'Sup, loser!" His group of friends giggled behind him.

"Oh, nothing much! What's up with you?" I forced on a smile, trying to make this a comfortable conversation for myself.

"You're not infuriated? You're not blowing steam at me? Wow, that's dedicated," he said sarcastically.

He walked away, and I gathered my stuff, pushing myself off the ground and quickly finding my locker.

I opened it up and arranged everything.

Lunchbox on top shelf,

books below it.

I put a little mirror on the inside door that Gerard had given me.

Don't let it fool you, the mirror had written on it.

You're beautiful through my eyes and that's all that matters.

Tears filled my e/c eyes as I thought about Gerard.

I thought about a song he had sung to me.

"For the last thing I see, you are never coming home, never coming home, should I? Could I?" 

I sang it gently to myself.

"And all the things that you never ever told me, and all your smiles that are ever ever..."

For the rest of the day, I wandered around the school absent mindedly, except for when I was in class, then I sat at the back of the room and listened to music, thinking about Gerard.

That day, I went back to the small apartment that I lived in by myself. My parents had let me move out for this last year of high school, for they expected me to move out anyways.

I let the week pass by slowly.

On Saturday, I sat on the couch and opened up a bag of potato chips and drank a cup of coffee, gently singing that song to myself again when I heard a knock on the door and the rest of the lyrics being sung back to me. 

"If I fall." 

I wrapped my legs around his waist as he pulled me into a hug, pressing his lips against mine. "I missed you so much!" He smiled at me. "I missed you too, y/n."

That night, we spent the night at a coffee shop, hanging out and catching up.

I was lucky to have Gerard.

Gerard was lucky to have me.

We were both lucky to have each other.

A/N: SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN EIGHT THOUSAND YEARS. WRITER'S BLOCK.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE