This Is How I Disappear

I was bullied a lot in school.

I was picked on because I was a little bit curvier than the other girls.

I was picked on because I was fairly tall.

I was picked on because of the music I listened to.

I was picked on for any other reason ever.

When one of the kids in the hallway actually noticed me for once, he locked his eyes with mine. "Hey, you're that girl, right? I've seen you get picked on before." 

I nod, suspecting it is me who he's talking about. 

"Yeah, come with me." He smells like nicotine. I breathe in the smell that is anything but comforting and walk with this boy to behind the building.

"Aye, Gee, who you got here?" one of this boy's supposed friends asks. 

He smooths back his large afro and walks over to examine me. 

"I don't know, some random girl." The boy shrugs, looking at me. 

"Well, what's her name?" asks the kid with the afro.

"I don't know, why don't you ask her?" The boy who brought me here runs his fingers through his greasy-looking red hair.

"What's your name?" Afro asks me.

"Y/N," I reply.

"Cool, cool. I'm Ray. That's Gerard," says Ray, pointing at the redhead. "That's Frank, that's Mikey, that's Tyler, that's Pete, that's Brendon, that's Josh, that's Ronnie, that's Billie, and that's Patrick."

I look at all of the boys in front of me.

In my head, I create a list:

Frank: short and has brown fringe.

Mikey: Blonde hair, super hot

Tyler: Adorable, huge brown eyes

Pete: Black fringe, tons of eyeliner

Brendon: Huge forehead, nice hips

Josh: Red hair, russet eyes

Ronnie: Tattoos all over body, greasy black side-parting

Billie: Spiky black hair, pretty blue eyes

Patrick: Short, a little chunky, strawberry blonde fedora-covered hair

"Oh, okay," I reply after a moment of thinking.

"So, welcome to the group!" says Brendon, strutting towards me. He puts a piece of flaming grass up to his lips and breathes in. "I got the good stuff!"

I am laughing. I am laughing so hard that it hurts. I feel the pain in my ribcage and I still taste the drug. 

"Wow," I giggle. "This is really good. Ronnie, you gotta try some." I force myself against the tall boy, burying my head in his chest. 

"Whoa, this is not my fault. Gerard, get her off of me," says Ronnie, beginning to panic.

"Dude, chill, she's fine," Gerard reassures, grabbing my hips and tilting me towards him. "I want to kiss you right now," he mutters. 

"Go ahead," I tell him, leaning in and pressing my lips against his.

"Wait, we're high. This won't work out," says Gerard, eyes wide, licking his lips.

"Screw it!" I yell, pressing our lips together again.

The next morning, I wake up in my own bed with a terrible migraine.

"Ohhh," I groan, throwing myself off the edge of my bed, quickly landing on another body.

"AH! GERARD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I frantically screech. 

He presses himself up, laughing.

"You passed out last night after hanging out with us. I asked your mom if I could stay the night and keep watch over you and she said it was fine. Your dad's not home, by the way." Gerard laughs.

"Oh, okay," I say, looking in the mirror. "Thanks, Gerard."

He looks confused.

"For what?" he asks.

"For staying over. I liked that. Thank you," I say. "Also, I probably would've gotten so high if it wasn't for you stopping me." I scratch the back of my head.

"You're welcome," he says, standing up and pressing his lips to my cheek. "I'm gonna go now." He glances at me with a grin and walks out the door.

"Bye, Gee."