Windows

You sat at your window today, staring out it blankly. 

You saw people passing by, squirrels, little children, people on skateboards and bikes, couples, and other people who all looked happy.

You, were not happy.

You sighed and flipped your hair out of your face. It was cut in a cute pixie cut that you had dyed black a little while ago. It was originally long and blonde, falling at about your mid stomach, but you were not cut out to be a blonde with blue eyes, so I cut it all off and dyed it black.

You sat at your window for a very long time, when something caught my eye.

A boy walked by, staring at the ground, with black hair, also. You stared at him for a little while, and he walked right past your house. You ran downstairs, hooked your dog onto a leash, and pushed yourself out the door. 

The boy heard the door shut, and he turned around to look at you, curiosity in his eyes. "Hey," he said, looking you straight in the eyes. You felt yourself heat up. "Hello," and he looked at your dog. "Cute dog!" he said, reaching down to pet your dog. 

You eventually found yourself chatting. He asked about your dog, you answered, you asked about his hair, he answered, same question, and other things like that, and you two just walked around in circles for hours, eventually going over to his house for a sandwich.

"Hey, I never caught your name?" he asked, and I gently smiled. "Y/N," I replied, and I smiled even broader. "And you're Gerard!" I said, laughing, and he looked shocked. "I love MCR, they're really good!" I said, and he smiled. "Good, and so are you," he said, brushing his fingers against mine. "What's your favorite song?" he asked me, and I smiled even broader. "(Favorite MCR song,)" he smiled. "I love playing that one." Even though you had only met Gerard today, you already felt there was something between you guys. Something that just, pulled you to him.

That night, the two of you laid on your grass, staring at the stars. "You're prettier than every one of them," he said to me, and then I fell asleep to his soft singing.