Prologue

It was 4am and Toni was just now stumbling into the house. She kicked off her heels as Kenny turned the light on. "Where have you been?"

"Out." She said running her hands through her disheveled hair.

"Out where?"

"Damn you're nosy as hell."

"Have you been drinking?"

She rolled her eyes and started walking upstairs. Kenny grabbed her hand and she pushed him."Get your damn hands off me!!"

"Toni you're sweating and you can barely walk, what's wrong with you-"

"NOTHING!"

"Nothing...then what's that under your nose?" He asked pointing to the white substance on her face. She sniffed as she wiped her nose and looked off. "What's happening to you?"

Before she could say anything, they heard another voice.
"Baby is everything okay?"

Kenny turned around to see some dark skinned buff guy standing by the front door.

"Yeah, go ahead to the car I'll be there in a minute." Toni answered.

"Who the hell is that?!! Why is he calling you baby?!"

"He's my man Kenny, damn." She said rolling her eyes again.

"Tone please tell me this is a joke...please!!"

"I'm going upstairs to pack my clothes. I'm leaving and I'm not coming back. You can keep everything else, I don't need it."

"Baby wait, just stop for a second. Look, you don't know what you're saying right now. You're not in the right state of mind, can you just-"

"NO Ken! I'm tired of this house, this marriage, and YOU! Always telling me what to do and shit! You never pay attention to me unless it's something you need or want. I'm tired."

"Okay baby, I can change. Just don't leave. We have 3 kids to think about."

"Alright obviously I'm not gonna get upstairs. Fuck it, I'll send for my things." She said dismissing his argument.

"Toni!!"

"Kenny, I don't love you anymore."

"You don't mean that." He said.

"I do. I have to go."

He blocked the door and she sighed. "Baby please don't do this- tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

"I want you to move out of my way." She said. His eyes filled with tears.

"Tone..."

"MOVE!!"

He hesitantly stepped to the side as she opened the door. He grabbed her waist before she walked out and looked into her eyes. They were empty and distant, he could tell she was mentally somewhere else.

"I love you more than I love anything in this world. I know deep down behind all the mess that's clouding your brain, you love me too. Please just stay, we can go to counseling and I can be a better husband for you. Just stay with me..."

"I can't. Goodbye Kenny."

She walked out leaving him with a tear-stained face and a broken heart. Kenny stared at the door before wiping his tears. As soon as he turned around he saw their son sitting at the top of the stairs.

"Trent, what are you doing up?"

"She doesn't love us anymore?"

"Yes son your mother loves you very much. She's just not feeling well right now..."

"She's not coming back is she?"

"I don't know- Trent!" His son stomped to his room and slammed the door. Kenny sighed again as he sat on the couch burying his face in his hands. How was he gonna raise 3 children alone?