20

"I'm pregnant too." Toni cried making Claire's mouth shoot open once again.

"What? Are you sure?"

"I got the results from the doctor last week. I've been avoiding Ken ever since."

"Damn...this is better than the soap operas."

"Claire!"

"I'm sorry. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know, but I can't sit through another abortion. So that's  out of the question."

"Well, whatever it is I'm here for you."

Toni smiled before pulling her into a hug. Little did they know, someone was listening outside of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny

After everyone left it was just me, Valerie, and the kids. I walked into the living room where they all sat.
"So...movie night?" I asked.

"No thanks." Karsyn said with a mug.

"I have homework." Trent said.

"I'm going to bed." Kira added before they all went upstairs.

"Okay..."

I sighed not know what I did wrong this time. Valerie rubbed my shoulder, "Whatever it is, they'll get over it. They're kids, they'll bounce back and be your best friends again tomorrow."

"You don't know my kids."

"Relax Kenny. Now, how about we have some real fun?" She said straddling me. She started kissing my neck and lips.

"Eww!! Oh my God, I think I'm gonna puke!!" Claire said coming downstairs. Val rolled her eyes before getting up.

"Claire. I didn't know you were still  here."

"I'm leaving now so you can continue hoe-ing. Just know that my sister-in-law and her babies are sleeping upstairs." She said killing the mood. She left and we looked at each other.

"I'm going to go shower. See you in the bedroom." Val said standing up.

"You're staying?" I asked.

"Is there a reason I shouldn't?"

"No."

"Okay then."

She went back upstairs and I decided to watch some TV. I watch a few episodes of Power then I decided to turn in. I went upstairs and ran into Toni. Her eyes looked puffy and she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"I'm sorry." We said at the same time. We did that staring thing again before she tried to move past me.

"Toni what's wrong? Why do you look like you've been crying?"

"I was watching a sad movie. How was your party?"

"Crowded." I chuckled as she smiled slightly.

"Ken, there's something I need to tell you and I don't know how to say it but I-"

"Kenny? Are you coming to bed?" Val interrupted while peeping through the door.

"I'll be there in a minute." I told her before giving Toni my attention. "What were you saying?"

"Nothing."

"You sure? It sounded important."

"It's not. Goodnight." She said before walking downstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toni

I grabbed a carton of ice cream and spoon and the jar of cookies. This probably the most normal combination I've had for the past week. Yesterday, I was dipping french fries in peanut butter.
I can't believe this. I'm pregnant by my ex husband who is about to marry my ex best friend in just a few weeks. On top of all that she's pregnant too. Claire's right, my life is a fucking soap opera.

I looked down at tummy. I have a feeling it's a boy. With Kira and Karsyn my symptoms were identical, now they're the same as they were when I was pregnant with Trent.

I smiled at thought but it faded as I thought about the drama that's gonna surround the baby when it gets here. All of this was too stressful so I decided to go for a drive.

As I drove I turned on the radio to clear my mind and cheer me up:

Time on my hands
Since you been away boy
I ain't got no plans
No no no no
And the sound of the rain
Against my windowpane
Is slowly, is slowly drivin' me insane, boy

I'm goin' down
I'm goin' down
'Cause you ain't around baby
My whole world's upside down

I changed the station to keep from getting more depressed.

If you think you're lonely now, huh
Wait until tonight, girl...

You gotta be kidding me!! I changed it again...

When can my heart beat again?
When does the pain ever end?
When do the tears stop from running over?
When does "you'll get over it" begin?

"Anything but that!" I said more-so to myself. I grabbed my phone and my aux cord and turned on some Tupac and continued to driving around town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After making sure Kenny was asleep, Valerie got out of bed and slipped some sweats on. She grabbed her keys and headed out the door. She sent a text message before driving to her destination.

"Victor, I'm here!" She yelled walking into the warehouse.

"Took you long enough." Her cousin scoffed.

"Whatever."

"Now what is it that you need? Gun? Knife?"

"More like drugs, chemicals, anything that can cause a miscarriage." She said in a devilish tone.

"Whoa, that's evil."

"I wouldn't do it if I didn't have good reason. I'm not losing my man to his whore of an ex-wife. She won't win this time."

"Okay..." he looked in a black duffle bag and pulled out a bottle. "Here, these are some kinda abortion pill things. They work from what I hear. Just slip a couple in her drink and your issue will be solved."

She took the pills and slipped him a $100 bill before she left.