15

Kenny

"Sssss- shit."

"Does this hurt? We can stop-"

"No it's fine, keep going." She did as I said and I grunted in pain again.

"Okay let's just stop. Maybe we can call Jesse and see what else we can do."

"My legs don't work and now my arm is working against me." I complain.

"You just need to let it heal on its own. Stop straining yourself." She said putting the weights down. She helped me put my sling back on as I sighed. "Don't stress. Look, I'll go run your bath and then I have to take Karsyn to school."

I nodded and she disappeared into the bathroom.

"Knock, knock." I heard from behind me. I turned around and Valerie was standing in the doorway. She came in and tried to kiss me but I dodged it. "What's wrong?"

"Val I haven't seen you in a week. Where have you been?" I asked.

"I was working and dealing with some news I got." She said vaguely.

"Which is?"

"You're going to be a father again." She said with a huge grin. I couldn't even gather an expression on my face.

"Seriously?"

"Yes! Six weeks, which means it happened that time we went to the opera and then back to my place-"

"I remember." I interrupted hoping Toni couldn't hear.

"You don't seem happy about this."

"I am. It's just..."

"Don't worry you'll get better soon. Now, let's talk about this engagement party menu. Since I'm pregnant, I can't drink so we should serve a non-alcoholic beverage along with the champagne- Kenny are you listening?"

"Yeah. Maybe you should talk to Fiona about it." I said as Toni came around the corner.

"Everything is set up, so...yeah. See you later." She said before quickly leaving the room.

"What was she doing in here?" Val asked forcefully.

"Everything you should have been doing instead of working."

"So you're sleeping with her again?"

"Valerie, I'm not sleeping with her and if I was she's still legally my wife." I said frustrated with her presence.

"That whore left you-"

"DO NOT...talk about her like that again. She is the mother of my children and we are working out our issues. I don't need you reminding me what happened in my life. Now I suggest you calm your ass down."

"Fine, you call me when you're ready to talk to me like an adult." She said picking up her purse and leaving. I shook my head, who the hell is gonna help me in the tub?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toni

I can't believe Val is actually about to have Ken's baby. I didn't even think they were that serious. Not only is he gonna marry her but now their having a child together.