Epilogue

One year later...

Toni

"Aah! Kenny!"

"My bad." He chuckled.

"If you drop me I'm going to kill you." I said. Maybe sitting on his shoulders was a bad idea.

"Just put it up there."

I put the star on top of the tree and applauded myself. He slowly put me down checking the time on his phone."You finished exactly 27 minutes before Christmas."

"Hey, I would have finished earlier if your daughter wouldn't have taken so long to go to sleep. My poor baby cried all night." I complained.

"Good, now she knows not to ever try to redecorate my car with glitter glue and permanent markers again."

"I know, but the no more Christmas thing was a bit of a stretch baby."

"A little tough love never hurt anybody."

Shrills from the baby monitor echoed through the air. "Well there goes your son." I said on my way out of the room. He grabbed my waist and sat me on the couch.
"I got it."

This past year has been eventful and I wouldn't change it for the world. Ken found out about Val faking her miscarriage and cut off all contact with her forever. We saw her in the mall last week and he completely ignored her presence.

As soon as I gave birth to our new baby boy Trevor, Claire found out that she was pregnant. She and Myles got married a few weeks after.

The kids have been doing well too. Kira is in college now, Trent is preparing for graduation and Karsyn is still just as eccentric as ever. Now that Trevor is here they argue so much about whose gonna feed him, change him, hold him, etc. It's so cute and it makes my job easier.

"Say hi to mommy." Kenny said bringing Trevor downstairs in his Baby's First Christmas onesie. He started giggling and bouncing when he saw me. He's only 5 months old and already so energetic.

I grabbed him as Kenny finished putting the rest of the presents under the tree. When he finished smiled evilly as he went and stood on the bottom step, "HEY KIDS THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!"

Ten seconds later they all came running and tumbling the stairs. Kenny laughed hysterically as they glared at him.

"Really dad?" Trent scoffed.

"I almost tinkled on myself." Karsyn said.

"Why would you make a joke like that?" Kira asked.

"Isn't that what you guys say now when something is fun or cool?"

"LIT!" They yelled at him.

"Oh...well a fire can be lit...the Christmas tree is lit..." he said catching them off guard at the mention of the tree.

They shrieked turning to face Trevor and I as we stood by the tree. They ran over to us and I put my hand up stopping them.
"Hold it! You still have...5 minutes til midnight."

"You're really making us wait?" Kira asked.

"YoU're rEaLLy MAkiNg uS WaiT?- YES!!" Kenny said mocking her.

"Now, the red wrapping paper is for Kira, green is for Trent, Silver is for Karsyn, and the blue is for Trevor." I told them.

Trent frowned looking at the presents,"It looks like a whole lot of blue presents under the tree..."

"Well Trevor's the only that hasn't gotten on my nerves and he's cuter than you." Kenny says making them roll their eyes.

I checked the time on my phone,"Merry Christmas guys. Okay...Go!"