18

Kira

I knocked on Dad's room door. I've been debating this for the all night and now I've decided that Trent was right.

"Come in." He said.

Here we go, "Dad I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I sabotaged the decorations." I said. He was surprisingly calm.

"Just you by yourself?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Well that's funny because Trent was telling me the same thing."

I looked over at Trent in the corner. He waved nervously as I shook my head.

"Daddy, it was me! I messed up the cake. Please don't be mad at mommy." Karsyn said running in the room.

"Wow. Do you guys know how much money you cost me? I have to reorder all of that stuff. And you could have killed Valerie and the baby by bringing those Tulips in here."

"Sorry." We all said in unison.

"I know you guys are still getting use to things but you should talk to me. Now since you confessed I won't punish you too much. You're all grounded until the party and I'm cutting your allowance in half for a month."

We nodded as we all left out. This was a major fail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny

After the kids left, Toni came out of the bathroom giving me the look. She had been telling me, but I only half believed her.

"Okay...you were right." I admitted.

"And?"

"And I'm sorry I blamed you- No,
I'm sorry for the way I've treated you since you came back. I've been insensitive, cold-hearted, and bitter while you've been so apologetic."

"It's okay, you had every right to be. What's with you being all sentimental now?"

"I just felt like it needed to be said that's all. So, we cool?"

She squinted her eyes at me before saying "Yeah." She then held up some towels. "Your bath is ready."

I slowly raised out of the chair. I've regained more strength in my legs lately, but I'm still not confident enough to walk alone. She backed away from me as I reached for her hand. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want you to try it on your own again. This time, a little further."

"I can't-"

"You can. Come on it's only a few feet longer than you walked yesterday. Just focus."

I took a deep breath and put one foot in front the other. After the first 5 steps I thought I would fall face first but I didn't.

"You got it. Just a little more." She said.

The closer I got to her the harder it became. I nearly fell into her arms when I got to her.

"You did it!" She cheered excitedly pointing at my wheelchair on the other side of the room. I walked farther than I thought. I looked at her and her smile disappeared. "What?" She asked squirming under my gaze.

"Thank you." I finally said.

"You did that on your own. Now come on your water's getting cold."