2

Toni

I woke up in the guest room at Kenny's house, which is where I slept a month ago when I came to him for help. I can't even fathom how stupid I was for leaving. I regretted it everyday after waking up in Omar's bed realizing what I had done. I don't remember exactly what was said but I know it was bad. Still I never came back because Omar had some type of hold on me I just couldn't explain.

•••
Toni had pressed ignore on Kenny's 6th call as she sipped her drink. Just as it started to ring again a man approaches her.

"Someone is really trying to reach you."

"Oh umm it's just my husband."

"And you're ignoring him? I'm guessing there was a fight."

"Bingo. It's really nothing we've been through this before."

"Then he should have learned the first time. What happened?"

Toni stay quiet and smiled.

"I'm guessing it's none of my business."

"Right again. I just want a break...from him, the kids, work, everything for one night."

"Maybe I can help with that. I'm Omar."

"Toni."

They danced together for about 5 songs before going back over to the bar. They were getting to know each other when he put his hand on her lower back and whispered in her ear, "Let's get outta here."

"And go where?"

"You'll see when we get there."

They ended up stumbling into his apartment attempting to kiss and walk at the same time. After closing the door he pinned her against it. Clothes started to come off left and right. Before she knew it they were having sex right there.
•••

I love Kenny, I loved him then and I love him now. I just got caught up with the wrong person and now I'm paying for it. As far as our marriage goes; I know it's dead, I can see it in his eyes. His love for me is gone and I don't blame him.

I hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom and did my hygiene. When I finished I walked downstairs and stopped when I heard someone talking. It sounded like Kenny's younger sister Claire.

"Why can't she stay here? She's still your wife

"Why can't she stay here? She's still your wife." She said.

"Because I don't want her here. Wife or not, I've been through so much because of her. I can't let her back here so she can screw up my life again." He said making her breathe heavily.

"Damn, do you drink estrogen as breakfast smoothie?" She joked.

"Whatever. I just don't think it's a good idea. It's too much not just on me but the kids too. The only reason Karsyn recognized her was because she has a picture of her on her nightstand."

"Which is all the more reason she should be here. She needs to spend more time with the kids. I'm sure they would be happy."

"The girls yes, but Trent is a different story."

I decided to just walk in, I've already heard more than I wanted to hear. "Good morning." I said lowly.

"Hey girl." Claire said hugging me. "You look good!"

"Thank you."

"How have you been?"

"Better."

"That's great. I'm so happy for you."

I smiled as an awkward silence filled the air. The tension was thick.

"Well I'm gonna go...check um...I can't think of a lie so I'm just gonna leave. Bye." She said before grabbing her purse.

She left as Kenny and I stood in the kitchen staring everywhere but at each other. I didn't know what to say.

"I've been looking for another apartment for you." He said breaking the awkward silence.

"Thank you but I can really just go to my parents' house. I haven't seen them in so long."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you stressing your mother out?"

"I'm not a child. They are my parents and I can see them whenever I want."

"You know what? FINE! Do whatever you wanna do." He said before walking out of the kitchen. Kira came in right after. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Well, I'm heading for school. Will you be here when I get back?"

"Honestly, I don't think so." I said and she looked down at the floor. "Maybe you can call me when school's over and we can meet up somewhere?"

"Okay, cool. Bye mom." She said before hugging me. "I'm glad you're doing better." She whispers before leaving.

I smiled to myself before walking upstairs. I was met with Trent the second I made it to the top step. He looked at me then stormed past me.

"Trent!"

"What do you want?"

"Well first I would like some respect when you're talking to me. I'm still your mother."

"Respect? Did you respect my father when you brought that thug in his house? Did you respect any of us when you stayed out all night screwing that bastard and snorting coke? No, you didn't. As far as you being my mother, you stopped being my mother when you walked out on us." He said before walking away.

I was shocked, hurt, and angry that Kenny would tell him something like that. I felt someone tug on my hand. I looked down and saw my baby girl.

"Don't be sad." She said softly. I smiled and wiped the tear that fell down my face. I never understood how she always left me speechless. "That's better. You want some pancakes?"
She held up a flat circle of green play-doh in her hands. I looked at her and shook my head. "No thanks, I already ate." I lied.

"Well more for me."

"Karsyn! Let's go!" Kenny yelled from downstairs. She grabbed my hand and we walked down. "Can mommy come with us? She's gonna be all alone."

"She'll be fine Kars, come on."

"Bye mommy." She said sadly while hugging my leg.

"Bye Angel."

As soon as they left I called a cab and had it take me to my parents' house. Hopefully they'll be happy to see me.