7

Kenny

Trent and I were eating breakfast alone. Apparently all the women in the house are pissed at me. Whatever. Karsyn will get over it, Kira knew better than to disrespect me and Toni...we have unfinished business.

Kira came downstairs first. She had her backpack in one hand and her phone in the other.

"Good morning." I said and she ignored me walking out of the door. Karsyn and Toni came down at the same time. Toni walked straight into the kitchen as Karsyn hugged her brother.

"Good morning brother."

"Good morning Kars." He chuckled.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked her.

"Yes." She said and I sat her in my lap.

"Okay listen, daddy is so sorry for yelling at you. It's just that when I tell you to do something I expect you to do it. I wouldn't tell you if I didn't have good reason."

"Fine, you're forgiven." She said with a little attitude. She hugged my neck and hopped down. I got up and went into the kitchen where Toni was making coffee.

"You ready to talk now?"

"Nope."

"I just don't understand why you can't tell me the truth."

"There's nothing to tell. I'll handle it so let it go. I have somewhere to be." She said before walking out. What does she mean she'll handle it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toni

I went to the police station. I have to get this over with before things get worse. When I walk in one of the officers came towards me. Was I getting arrested already?

"Toni, right?" The officer asked.

"Yes."

"We were just about to come looking for you. We talked to your ex yesterday."

"I heard. I came to give a statement on Omar."

"Right this way." He led me to an interrogation room I sat down. "Alright, let's start with how you know Mr. Wright?"

"We were dating."

"Okay so tell me, what happened?"

"Well, I had finally got away from him and was fresh out of rehab. One night he just showed up and..."

•••
"Omar what are you doing here?" Toni asked opening the door.

"You thought I was just gonna let you go back to that fool and make me look stupid?!" He said angrily.

"You need to leave."

"I told you I was sorry!!"

"Omar, you say that all the time and you always hit me again. We're not right for each other so we should go our separate ways."

"No." He said closing the door and locking it.

"What are you-"

"I love you and if I can't have you, no one can."

She backed away as he walked towards her. "Omar, please just leave you're scaring me."

"Don't be scared now baby."

She started to run and he grabbed her by her hair. He slammed her head against the wall and she fell to the floor. She cried as blood trickled down the side of her face.

He got on top of her and started to choke her. She fought for air as she tried pulling his hands from her neck. Just as her vision started to blur, she heard two loud thumps and Omar fell on the floor next to her. Ira stood over him with a crowbar that now had blood dripping from it.
••

"And then what happened?" The officer asked.

"I freaked out and Ira wanted me to leave with him."

"Why didn't you go?"

"I couldn't be away from my kids again...or Kenny. I didn't want Ira to go to jail either."

•••
"Look at me! Get yourself together! We need to leave now. Go get cleaned up and meet me in the car in 10 minutes." Ira said shaking her.

"No!"

"What do you mean no?"

"Ira I can't leave my whole life is here. Just go I'll fix it."

"I'm not letting you take the fall for this."

"Ira just go! Now!"

Ira hesitantly left and she closed the door. She struggled as she dragged Omar's body into the kitchen. After pacing back and forth for ten minutes she got an idea.

She poured gasoline all over the body and throughout the kitchen. After making a trail from the kitchen to the front door, she lit a match.
•••

"Ira knew Omar was dangerous and he saved my life. I didn't want him to go to prison for that. I know it was wrong to cover it up but I had no choice. So..." I put my wrist up ready for him to cuff me.

"First I need to know where this Ira guy is."

"The Letom Motel."

He nodded as I waited to be arrested.

"I can't arrest you." He finally said making me look at him crazy.

"But I just confessed."

"I don't have it on record. There's no evidence because it was burned in the fire. The only thing we have is an unrecorded confession." He said.
"So I just walk?"

"Omar Wright is a drug dealer and a thief who we've been trying to put away for years. Every time we get close, a witness goes missing and the case is thrown out. We know he had something to do with those cases too. This world is better off without him. Have a nice day." He opened the door for me and I stood up.

"What about Ira?" I asked.

"Self defense. I can pull some strings and he'll do 5 years at the most."

I walked out of the station and called Ira he didn't answer. I drove over to the motel and I saw his car in the parking lot.

"Ira!" I said knocking on the door but I got no answer. That's weird. I went downstairs and told the manager I was Ira's probation officer and he gave me a key. I went back upstairs and let myself in. "Ira? I have ne- IRA!!!"

Another one😘