17

Toni

Today is Karsyn's Halloween party and she's excited. Kenny and I are gonna be responsible for about 20 kids in costumes and full of energy.

"Let's go see if daddy's dressed yet." She says pulling me out of the room. I stopped in the middle of the doorway and squished the bottom of this wide ass dress together so I could walk out with ease. I don't know why I couldn't just be Wonder Woman.

We made it to Kenny's room and she knocked on the door. "Daddy are you decent?"

"Yes little girl come in." He chuckled. We walked in and and he smiled at her costume. "Aww you're a cute little Miranda."

"Moana!" Karsyn and I shouted at the same time.

"Close enough."

The doorbell rang and Karsyn squealed. "I'll get it."

"Make sure Fiona is with you, and direct them to the backyard." Kenny said before turning to me, "What's wrong?"

"So much glitter and green is not my color."

"I look stupid in this cape...the things we do for our kids." He chuckled.

"Let's get this party done so I can take this off. I feel like a unicorn puked on me."

We caught the elevator downstairs and when we stepped off he started to stand.
"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Well I watched the movie enough times to know that the prince wasn't in a wheelchair."

"But Kenny is, so you need to take it easy."

"Tone, I know what I'm doing. I'll show you, go over there."

I did as he said and he started slowly walking towards me. I was so afraid he'd fall because he stumbled a few times but he didn't.
I grabbed his hands to help him towards the end.

"Fine, but I'm keeping my eye on you."

We walked out and greeted the kids who were already arrived.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny

This party has been going for an hour and a half and the kids are getting wilder by the second. Some little boy tapped Toni's leg.

"Yes sweeetie?" She said kneeling down to his level. He grabbed her breast and ran away as she gasped. "I guess your parents didn't teach you about sexual harassment, you little freak!"

I couldn't contain my laughter anymore.

"Kenny stop laughing. It's not fu-"
She cut herself as the boy care back and slapped her on the butt. "That's it." She said going after him. I stopped her, "Tone, you can't beat someone else's kid."

"I'm not gonna beat him. I'm just gonna talk to him...with a belt."

"Looks like Karsyn is gonna do it for you."

We watched at Karsyn said something to the little boy before kicking him in his little man parts. He started to cry and I stood up from the chair. "Okay! Party's over kids!"

"Aww." The all groaned in unison.

"You haven't told us a story yet!" Some little girl dress as a cat said.

"Yeah mommy you have to tell us a story." Karsyn said.

"Here's one; there was a ghost that haunted and killed little kids...the end."

~~~~~

As the last few the kids were heading out I heard a scream from inside. I ran inside and saw that it was Val. I guess she's here because the decorations are coming in for tomorrow.

She was scratching and yelling as everyone looked at her crazy. "Get them out!!! UGH!!!"

"Val what's wrong?"

"I ordered 200 mauve orchids and they sent tulips...Red Tulips. I'm allergic to Tulips and I hate the color red!!" She shouted.

"Okay, we'll fix it. No need to worry." I said.

"Ms. Dupree, the ice sculpture is here." One of the caterers said.

We walked into kitchen and they unveiled it. My eyes widened as Val screamed in frustration. She walked out as Toni covered Karsyn's eyes.

"It's so...large." Fiona said.

"Mommy what is it?"

"It's supposed to be the Eiffel Tower." I said to the delivery guy.

"Oh it's a tower alright..." Toni trailed off as she tried not to laugh.

"Toni!"

"Sorry, it's just-"

"Did you have something to do with this?" I asked.

"What- ME?!"

"Yes you! Just admit it! I can't believe you would stoop so low."

"Kenny I didn't do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trent

Our plan is starting to backfire. Now Dad is blaming Mom and I want to say something but Kira keeps giving me the look. Karsyn looks like she's about to pee her pants and now they're bring in the cake.

Dad opened the box as Val came back in. "Maybe the cake will be right." He said to her while glaring at Mom. They opened it and Valerie was in outrage.

"Happy 100th Birthday Calorie?!! Are they calling me fat and old?!!" Val yelled before crying. Dad tried consoling her but she just ran out of the house and went home.

"I hope you're happy with yourself Toni, and to think that we were actually moving forward."

"You know what? Fine! Believe what you want." Mom huffed before rolling her eyes and going upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kira

We sat in Trent's room staring at the walls. "Can someone explain how this backfired?" I asked.

"I don't know but Dad is pissed." Trent said making me feel bad.

"I feel bad for mommy." Karsyn sighed and I felt worse. Trent looked at me,"Maybe we should tell the tru-"

"Shh. Don't say it. If we do that then he'll kill all three of us." I said outing my hand over his mouth.

"He can't catch all of us." Karsyn said as he nodded in agreement.

"No, it's too risky. We need another plan."

Trent scoffed, "So, we just let him start hating Mom again? They just started having conversations without yelling and cursing at each other."

"I want them to get back together so we can be a family again." Karsyn said as I pulled her into her lap. "Me too." Trent said.

"So do I."

"So what do we do now?" She asked.

"Try again." He suggested.

"I'm the oldest, so I'm gonna fix this. Plus, I think I have another idea."

I hope you all had a fun Halloween yesterday🤗