23

Kenny

This past month and a half  has been rough. I haven't seen or heard from Toni since she and I had that big fight. I feel bad about what I did, I let my anger get the best of me.

She made everyone swear not to tell me her whereabouts, even the kids won't tell me. She won't answer my calls unless the kids are with her and even then she lets Karsyn answer just to keep from talking to me.

On a lighter note, Valerie moved the wedding up so we're getting married next weekend. With Christmas coming up, she wanted to change the theme to Winter Wonderland.

I'm excited...sorta. I'm just going with the flow, the last thing I want her to think is that I was only with her because she was pregnant. Even if it is true, I don't want her to think that. Besides I think I could eventually fall in love with her. After all she was there for me when Toni left so I can't just leave her. Now that she lost the baby I have to be here for her.

"Kenny, do you like these shoes?" She asked showing me a picture on her laptop.

"They're nice." I said. They looked regular to me.

"Good I'm going to order them for the wedding. So, how do you feel? We've moved in together and the wedding is quickly approaching."

"Good."

She smiled as Kira came in ignoring both of us. I took her phone out of her hand making her stop in her tracks. She huffed and rolled her eyes before looking at me.
"I haven't seen your ass in 3 days. Where the hell have you been?" I asked. I'm fed up with this roller coaster of attitudes.

"I was with my mother."

"Next time you need to let me know where you're going."

"Well if you hadn't fired Fiona, she could have told you." She said before attempting grabbing her phone. I held it up so she couldn't reach. She stood there with her arms folded annoying me more.

"I'm trying to be reasonable but I'm losing my patience. Look I know you're upset about Fiona and now your mom being gone, but this attitude has got to stop. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

Valerie came over to us, "Kira, I know this is hard for you but-"

"Kiss my ass."

"Kira Michele Edmonds! Be respectful!" I scolded.

"I'm sorry Dad. Valerie, please kiss my ass." She said before going upstairs.

I turned to Val, "I'm sorry about her..."

"It's fine, I'm use to it."

~~~~~

"Hey Tone, It's Kenny...again. This is like the 237th message but I just wanna say that I'm sorry. I hope that you're okay...call me back whenever. Bye." I said to the voicemail. I sighed, I just want to apologize and talk.

Karsyn came skipping into the living room with her dolls in her hand and I got an idea. I picked her up and sat her on my lap as she giggled.

"Hey Kars."

"Hi daddy!"

"You love Daddy, right?"

"Yes!" She squeals.

"And you wouldn't keep a secret from Daddy, right?"

"No....unless it's a secret between me and mommy. I have to keep that secret."

Damn!! I was so close. I need new strategy.

"Do you have fun with mommy?" I asked.

"Yes! We play dolls, hide and seek, and sometimes she teaches me songs on the big blue piano."