4

Kenny

I knocked on Kira's door for the third time and she opened it. Her eyes were all puffy and she looked like she'd been up all night. "Good morning." I said.

"Hey." She said before crawling back into bed.

I sat on her bed as she covered her head with the covers. "Kira, what's wrong?"

"You made her leave. I finally had my mom back and you made her leave again."

Hearing her say that hurt me. I didn't make Toni leave the first time and I hate that she thinks I did.

"Sweetie she-"

"No dad! You told me and Karsyn to never let a man treat us like that, and you did it to mom. I know you're mad at her but she's our mother. The woman who gave you 3 kids. You were so mean and hateful. She had no choice but to leave. Now she might not even come back."

"I'm sorry Kira. You're right I was a bit rough. I let my emotions get the best of me. I can't say it won't happen again, but I'll try not to be that way around you guys."

She nodded as I kissed her forehead. "Is there anything else?"

"I need my mother back here tonight."

"I don't know sweetie..."

"Then no there's nothing else I need."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toni

I was in my hotel room watching TV when there was a knock at the door. I frowned because I didn't order room service and no one knew I was here except my mother. I opened the door and saw Kira standing there.

"Hey mom."

"Hi sweetie. How did you find me?"

"Grandma." She said nonchalantly.

"Of course. What are you doing here shouldn't you be at school?"

"I didn't feel like going today. Can you please come home?"

"Home?"

"Well dad's house. Maybe you two can talk and he can apologize for being an asshole."

"Kira!"

"Sorry. Mom please come back...for us."

"Sweetie I think you're father was serious about not wanting to see me again. I don't want any more issues." I said reminiscing on the scene he made yesterday.

"There won't be I promise. Karsyn really wants you to come over too. She needs help...with her homework." She said. I knew she was just making up reasons for me to come over.

"Yeah right. Fine, but just for an hour then I'm out. Okay?"

She nodded and smiled as I shook my head. I borrowed my mom's car so I trailed Kira to Kenny's house. I didn't want to carpool just in case something happened.

~~~~~

When we got there Karsyn was going over her vocabulary words with the nanny.

"Mommy!!" She said running to me. I picked her up and attacked her face with kisses as she giggled.

"I missed you angel."

"I missed you too."

I put her down and she pulled out a piece of paper with a flower drawn on it. "Look, I drew you a picture."

"Wow it's beautiful. Thank you."

She flashed a smile before going to back to her words with Fiona. Kira dragged me to her bedroom and we sat on her bed.